NHRA night under fire (1 Viewer)

Kris Krabill gave a little excitement at Boise Raceway:

Saw a similar incident at the other race with much worse results. But everyone walked away okay.

Did he puke the motor on that pass? Thought I saw oil on the track. Man, am just amazed he didn't tag the wall.

Did he puke the motor on that pass? Thought I saw oil on the track. Man, am just amazed he didn't tag the wall.

It appears that's what happen. Word was that he put down oil in both lanes and it took two hours to clean up.

Seen too many times guys that far around and heading to the wall lock up the brakes and slide right into the wall. Kris did the right thing and burped the thottle to bring the back end around to keep the car in the center of the track. They were able to bring the car back out and kept racing the rest of the weekend.

Only one thing on Earth would make me leave Bonneville for 1.5 days and that is fuel cars doing burnouts on Woodward. Roadkill Nights is bad ass. Can't want to be yelling and screaming there agin this year...after I visit tech on the salt tomorrow to blast some photos.

I just spent 5 days at Bonneville, my first time ever going, and I can GUARANTEE you it won't be my last. The trip was super last minute, I got a phone call from a friend last Wednesday that said "My Uncle needs an extra pair of hands at Bonneville, wanna go ... we leave Friday morning". I said HELL YES. I didn't see Brian Lohnes, but I did talk to Chad Reynolds from Bang Shift a couple of times, including yesterday morning when we were in the staging lanes to back up our record run and he said he was going to build a vehicle for our class (Modified Mini Pick Up) until he saw how fast we were LOL. The team I was with had the record coming into the event at 193 MPH set in 2016, and we bumped it up to 194.570 MPH. We were looking for A LOT more (isn't everyone?) but all in all, we were happy to push the record up a little bit more. Plans are already in motion for next year to get the driver, Len Green, into the 200 MPH club. We were 2nd or 3rd in line when the Turbinator set top speed of the meet Monday. Also got to see the battle between Speed Demon and Challenger II as for who was going to be the fastest wheel driven vehicle, both were just a whisper off top speed of the meet as well. The second best thing to me was the absolute car show in the pits ... you wouldn't believe the model A and T roadster, coupes, sedans and rat rods. They are EVERYWHERE on the salt. I also got to talk to Brett Kepner for a while as he was manning the timing station where we would grab our time slips. I even got to hang out with fellow Mater Greg Rice and his family, and I can't thank them enough for their hospitality. Just a great, great event, I can't recommend it highly enough for gearheads.

Here are a few pics I took just for a taste of what you are missing:

Salt Sun.jpg Gotta get up early on the salt!!!

881.jpg This is the vehicle I was working on.

Rods.jpg Just a couple of the hot rods hanging out in the pits.

Saltinator! What a great name. Have been looking at photos on Ban Shift. Man, flatheads, straight 6's, 4 bangers, Hemis.... wow!

For the record, Turbinator is wheel driven. Nothing allowed at Speed Week that is not.

Awesome recap and really glad you loved it. Bonneville comes in a nano-spot behind Indy for me in terms of awesomeness!

Brian

He Brian, Bang Shift really posted some awesome pics of Woodward Ave. Man wish I could have been there, just to see the cars. We have a much smaller event in Showlow, AZ every year, called Run To The Pines. People line the main drag Friday night and all the cars drive by. Then the show itself is Sat & Sun. Maybe one of these days you guys can get there. The temp in Showlow is way cooler than Phoenix.

He Brian, Bang Shift really posted some awesome pics of Woodward Ave. Man wish I could have been there, just to see the cars. We have a much smaller event in Showlow, AZ every year, called Run To The Pines. People line the main drag Friday night and all the cars drive by. Then the show itself is Sat & Sun. Maybe one of these days you guys can get there. The temp in Showlow is way cooler than Phoenix.
Hey Cliff when is the Showlow event and how far from Phoenix?

The show this year will be Sept 28-30. Showlow is about 5 hours NE of Phoenix. From Phoenix, we go up to Payson and then north. Does take awhile to get there. Web site is www.runtothepinescarshow.com. Has videos and event info. If you wanna go, get a hotel quick, cuz they fill up pretty fast. Friday night is when you go to the main drag and watch the cars drive by. Take a good chair & enjoy the show.

The show this year will be Sept 28-30. Showlow is about 5 hours NE of Phoenix. From Phoenix, we go up to Payson and then north. Does take awhile to get there. Web site is www.runtothepinescarshow.com. Has videos and event info. If you wanna go, get a hotel quick, cuz they fill up pretty fast. Friday night is when you go to the main drag and watch the cars drive by. Take a good chair & enjoy the show.
Thanks for the info!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back