NHRA Midwest Nationals (17 Viewers)

Whether Prudhomme said that or not, i kinda find it hard to believe to be true. John Force is not dumb, to treat Prock like that. Prock is on the Mt Rushmore of nitro tuners and anyone who follows nitro racing would have to agree, the crew chief's tune up is by far, the main ingredient in a teams success and anyone else on the team is pretty much replaceable. If i'm a car owner and my crewchief Alan Johnson walks in my office and ask for a raise, for another crewmember, than i figure out a way to make it happen.
 
John Force knows how to keep a budget balanced; big whoop. The way the reports have come out, it sounded like Thomas was getting Crew Chief offers and JFR didn't want to pay him a Crew Chief's salary, as they already had their Crew Chief plan in place. The idea of being mad at calling someone "cheap;" not sure that's the flex people think it is for fiscally responsible individuals.
 
hopefully bob will come back on the tour next year, maybe with father/son crew chiefs?
...... i highly doubt don p. would ever put those comments out there publicly, and on FB no less.
 
Nobody in drag racing is perfect. If we knew all the "inside stuff" about all the drivers, teams, etc, we might wanna hate them all. Garlits is my all time hero, and I bet there would be times I would call him "unkind names" because of something he did. If I had 1.00 for every stupid thing I did, I could run a race team.
 
I don’t disagree with that at all. As a spectator at the race, they seemed to lose the fans at that point. I’ll say 50% of the spectators are there for nitro and nitro only. Had to wait an hour for Salinas to return. Had to wait another hour for Ashley to return for the semi’s. By the time the semi finals ran, a lot of fans had left the stands to not return. Ashley ran a 3.76 the second time and Salinas ran a 3.81. Ashley could have ran it 4 minutes after the tree malfunctioned, and saves an hour plus of downtime. No, I don’t want to see single runs and let them figure it out on paper. In the rare case of a tree malfunction in eliminations, there are other potential options that could be considered. Obviously strategy changes if Salinas had to pedal it or shut it off at 300 feet. That would change the way Ashley would approach the run as a driver knowing he doesn’t need a fast time to advance.
I would say more like 90% of the fans are there for nitro however its also about racing and the rulebook is very clear.
 
I saw this tonight, certainly an eye opening quote from the Snake.

That does not look like a genuine Facebook Don Prudhome account.

View attachment 18332
On Don Prodh
I saw this tonight, certainly an eye opening quote from the Snake.
This explains why on the Don Prudhomme episode of Dinner with Racers (a great podcast btw) when they asked Snake if he had any John Force stories he just flat out said “No.” He also talked about Capps way more than Dixon so it definitely makes sense that there’s some strife there.
 
Force & Prudhomme have always struck me as good solid guys who don't mince words....Prock & Tasca....Not so much....But..I dont care as I don't follow that team...so I could really give a **** what they do in that camp.....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If you think back a few years Don Schumacher was upset with Force for over paying his guys. None of us know what his financial situation is and I'm sure the accident didn't help. At the end of the day racing at this level is a business. All parties did what they felt was right at the time. Pretty sure Austin will have some regret for his comment eventually.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top