NHRA Heritage Series-Fontana (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
Just got back from watching a couple of hours of qualifying. Good car counts and loads of fun. Here is my new vote for the coolest dragster. 7.80 at 200.00 mph!

Mark

sissel.jpg

Oh....Professor Dave, check out this very cool ride. I don't know anything about this jewel, but I sure enjoyed looking at it.

Mark

coolaltered.jpg

Mike Kirby in the Sissel and Mike twin...very cool ride, and Ron Anzalone in his 'Tea Pot' altered.

Thanks for sharing.

I talked to a couple of friends that are out there and they said the car count was soft. About 40 hot rods, 22 d/gas and 22 c/gas cars. I'll be out there tomorrow morning to watch. I wasn't ready to go this weekend.

It might be a taste light in car counts but I know the racers are enjoying the lack of pressure. The track personnel stuck around a had another complete rotation for any racers that wanted to make another hit. Didn't count for qualifying but there were lots of takers. This series is going to be fun for me as I'm covering all the points events for Dragracecentral.com. BTW, I just got done posting all the results at DRC. Fontana really IS a bit of a throw back as I can't post anything from the track it's self.

It might be a taste light in car counts but I know the racers are enjoying the lack of pressure. The track personnel stuck around a had another complete rotation for any racers that wanted to make another hit. Didn't count for qualifying but there were lots of takers. This series is going to be fun for me as I'm covering all the points events for Dragracecentral.com. BTW, I just got done posting all the results at DRC. Fontana really IS a bit of a throw back as I can't post anything from the track it's self.

I Looked at DRC earlier today and saw nothing about Fontuckey so I MF'D you and Condit and English and who-ever else I thought of...

Dillon and I went out there for about an hour and a half this morning. Caught A/Gas and all of NE1. That was enough. Realized if I had the Cuda body on the car I could have been out there playing instead of watching.

Went home and reinstalled Crower injector and actually got it buttoned up.

Gruzen (in the Strange Brew dragster/roadster) and Stormy ran side by side with great smokey burnouts and dry hops. Light show but it seemed like everyone was having fun. Oh, and saw Turner as we were heading out the gate.

All the results are up from Fontana today at DRC. Car count was a little light but there were several reasons including some folks believing they couldn't run a blown car there. That wasn't true but between rescheduling the Pro portion of the show until September and the rumors it might have scared a few folks away. Oh...and have you looked at the price of fuel? I knew you had! Oh and Killah...MF you TOO...and see you in Vegas in a couple of weeks kiddo!:D

Oh....Professor Dave, check out this very cool ride. I don't know anything about this jewel, but I sure enjoyed looking at it.

Mark

coolaltered.jpg

let's see, a '23 t with a fuel injected inline 6-of course I love it. My friends Steve Ambrose and Bob Huettman run one of those in comp! And that modified roadster with the blown small block is cool too-he just needs to get rid of the blower and put on a hilborn manifold! LOL

thanks for the pictures and just for the record, I love that twin engine car too!

All the results are up from Fontana today at DRC. Car count was a little light but there were several reasons including some folks believing they couldn't run a blown car there. That wasn't true but between rescheduling the Pro portion of the show until September and the rumors it might have scared a few folks away. Oh...and have you looked at the price of fuel? I knew you had! Oh and Killah...MF you TOO...and see you in Vegas in a couple of weeks kiddo!:D

Darryl,

You can't MF the Surfer Boy,,,,you know how sensitive he is about stuff like that! ;) :D :D

Rapid

How is it that NHRA gets the Nostalgia Blown cars allowed to run at Fontana. But the D-7 race won't allow TAD or FC?:confused:

The weekend went really smooth
although the car count was soft we had no problems
it was nice to have a smooth test and tune and then a great race
after talking to some of the aa/gas guys like renteria and mahood they loved the track
right now with the gas prices and other issues with the economy i'm just glad we had racers there
i was glad to work the front of stagging and thanks to the racers and crew for making it an easy weekend
the noise deal is being worked on and shortly will be handled that's why the alky d7 cars won't be there next weekend

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back