NHRA gets booed. (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Dodge is only making gas powered Challengers for one more year. Then what happens ??

Dodge is only making gas powered Challengers for one more year. Then what happens ??
Challenger production closes this December,

Camaro closes in January.

They should have did this 10 years ago, or at least when Allen Johnson described where Pro Stock should go (basically what is FX is now) at the time of the carbs to EFI mandate. "Pro Stock" as it has been for way too long is nothing but a 6.50-6.60 bracket class with cookie cutter cars that costs a bloody fortune to compete in because of the N/A limitation, and there is ZERO "Stock" anything on them. I find Top Sportsman far more entertaining and exciting because of the variety of cars and powerplants and forms of power adders, and around half that class is faster than "Pro Stock" anyway. "Pro Stock" needs to die and be buried long ago, and would be if not for the current two teams deciding to keep it on life support. FX is exciting and I look forward to it, but I also wonder if it will be able to take hold in time for enough cars to get fielded and body parts availability thanks to the woke nutjobs :mad:

Last edited:
noticed that factory X is on run schedule for topeka and brainerd, best guess so those with cars can get a few runs prior
a probably big deal reveal at indy? (which hasn't posted run schedule yet) ...... how many cars mite completed in next month to
possibly attend topeka and/or brainerd?

noticed that factory X is on run schedule for topeka and brainerd, best guess so those with cars can get a few runs prior
a probably big deal reveal at indy? (which hasn't posted run schedule yet) ...... how many cars mite completed in next month to
possibly attend topeka and/or brainerd?
The schedule for FX has already been posted. Topeka, Brainerd, Charlotte, St. Louis, and Vegas. No Indy. There should be 5+ cars in Topeka, and they will be racing, no exhibition anymore.

I am sure Pro Camaro is exciting for the half dozen or so owners of what is basically an A or B/A. Throw an Anglia or Austin body on the things and you might have something.

They should have did this 10 years ago, or at least when Allen Johnson described where Pro Stock should go (basically what is FX is now) at the time of the carbs to EFI mandate. "Pro Stock" as it has been for way too long is nothing but a 6.50-6.60 bracket class with cookie cutter cars that costs a bloody fortune to compete in because of the N/A limitation, and there is ZERO "Stock" anything on them. I find Top Sportsman far more entertaining and exciting because of the variety of cars and powerplants and forms of power adders, and around half that class is faster than "Pro Stock" anyway. "Pro Stock" needs to die and be buried long ago, and would be if not for the current two teams deciding to keep it on life support. FX is exciting and I look forward to it, but I also wonder if it will be able to take hold in time for enough cars to get fielded and body parts availability thanks to the woke nutjobs :mad:
Remind me to never ask you for a pep talk! 😂😂

I’m a little confused and underwhelmed by this class. It’s only supercharged entries? Is there an equivalent naturally aspirated class? I would think that would be even better.

especially with manual transmissions and 9000 RPM engines. 😋

Last edited:
Totally agree. Used to love ProStock until recently, and I think NHRA understands why the class has evolved into a yawner. Not sure they can do anything about it at this point As the class stands. They don’t even run a full schedule anymore - that’s a bit illustrative.

I like mountain motor P/S better, especially since they can run mfg. branded engines and stay competitive. If only an 800 cu. in. engine could spin to 10K RPM, it would be perfect.

And if they allowed fuel injection and got rid of those schnozzle hoodscoops.

Last edited:
When you look at the video, the back wheel wells look kinda like they flair out. Looks strange as the car goes down the track. Gives impression the tire is "too small" for the wheel well. I know they are running a 10.5 tire so maybe that's why. Glad the cars have a big spoiler with that little tire, because these cars will be 6.90 at least in 1/4 mile.
It looked stupid, that’s for sure. Haha!

Factory x car was at Norwalk today . Reinhart gave a speal about it being the 1st one at a NHRA track ,blah blah blah. you fans are in for a treat. Aaron Standfield drove the car down the track and no time show'd up. Then it was announced that that run was a non timed run. WTH Then the boo's began
Stan field was handed a time slip, saw it on NHRA.tv broadcast.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back