NHRA gets booed. (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

BOO BOO

Nitro Member
Factory x car was at Norwalk today . Reinhart gave a speal about it being the 1st one at a NHRA track ,blah blah blah. you fans are in for a treat. Aaron Standfield drove the car down the track and no time show'd up. Then it was announced that that run was a non timed run. WTH Then the boo's began

Factory x car was at Norwalk today . Reinhart gave a speal about it being the 1st one at a NHRA track ,blah blah blah. you fans are in for a treat. Aaron Standfield drove the car down the track and no time show'd up. Then it was announced that that run was a non timed run. WTH Then the boo's began
One correction, it was Greg Stanfield driving, nonetheless, I was definitely one of the disappointed boo-ers!

Spencer Smith posted a video on the "Norwalk Weather" thread. Nice interview w/ Stanfield & they fired up the car. What I like about the new FX class is bigger wing, 10.5 tires, real body specs (width, etc) and of course, the blower. I could almost (almost) see this car as A/Gas Supercharged...... A blower car has that sound to it, so I guess I hope this will be the new P/S class.

When does the complaining start, This from from an Allen Johnson interview when class was announced:

Being a dyed-in-the-wool Mopar fan, Johnson understands there will be some significant wrangling to get the Challengers on a level aerodynamic playing field with the Camaros in the stock configuration.

Can't wait til NHRA tells the first ones to change the blower pulley, or better yet adds weight.

I believe the car was seriously detuned to make a clean pass, you could hear it in the motor going down the track. The discussion in the pits is that they're still sorting through handling issues at speed, and that the car has a ways to go yet before it's truly ready for competition.

I believe the car was seriously detuned to make a clean pass, you could hear it in the motor going down the track. The discussion in the pits is that they're still sorting through handling issues at speed, and that the car has a ways to go yet before it's truly ready for competition.
That would make sense. I had heard prior to that it hadn’t yet made a full run due to handling on the top end.

When you look at the video, the back wheel wells look kinda like they flair out. Looks strange as the car goes down the track. Gives impression the tire is "too small" for the wheel well. I know they are running a 10.5 tire so maybe that's why. Glad the cars have a big spoiler with that little tire, because these cars will be 6.90 at least in 1/4 mile.

I was in the stands when this car made the pass and the crowd booing was very loud. Never heard anything like it at a race.
I think that shows how much fans are interested in how cool this class could be and are paying attention.

Appears to be a cool class. Appears to be how PS started to be in 1970. Like the blowers and wing. Tech is WAY ahead of those times and could be fun. I am sure after a season or so it will get outr of hand. What happens to PS when this is brought on board?

the present limits in PS probably make it a pro class worth keeping. on the surface i love this new format, and it does actually look like where PS should be, but why
go thru all the money spending again when you have an established class with such close competition? how many more classes do we need?
what happened to days of the pros, TAD and TAFC, comp, super stock, stock, super comp, super gas, and super street at nat. events, with big fields for all.
now adding factory stock, top dragster, top sportsman, PM, MMPS, TFHD, and now factory X. there seems to be a class for about every half second.

One exhibition run and we're already talking about money ruining the class.....🙄

IMO it's another big money class for big money players, inevitably taking more time away from the tried and true sportsman racers who pay the bills,
yet watch their nat. event fields continually shrink ..... and am thinking it's not just the racers who mite escalate costs, but the after market parts and chassis
associated with this class; read somewhere this class initially allowed standard bolt on front end body panels; now it's a one piece front end.
nhra mite get lucky with this class, or it will quickly die and absorb into comp, much the same as PST did. there is no factory support, and the dodge and camaro
are dead in a few years anyways.

read somewhere this class initially allowed standard bolt on front end body panels; now it's a one piece front end.
nhra mite get lucky with this class, or it will quickly die and absorb into comp, much the same as PST did. there is no factory support, and the dodge and camaro
are dead in a few years anyways.

A one-piece front end is not required, a car can definitely be built with standard body panels if wanted. Also, there is a lot of factory support from all 3 brands.

This class is far from a Pro Stock replacement... PS isn't going anywhere!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back