Nhra-crew Chiefs Attack Safety Issues (1 Viewer)

A Master kill switch? I was told that killing the Mags is NOT a good idea with a Nitro motor, but the Crew chiefs obviously know these motors better than we do.

I think Gary Scelzi's quote says alot.

I'm glad they are working together

Someone's gonna be pissed when they hit that red button on accident and it cost them a race,lol.

Just what I was thinking. It'll be good to see these cars really get into the 21st century, from their relatively unchanged state of the last 20 to 30 years (minus bodies of course).

30 years of racing with excellent track record, great testament to the great minds that build and operate these missiles. Safety is numer one right now and these great minds will prevail once again as always. :cool::cool:

I remember one race a long time ago in which they were warming up Gary Ormsby's T/F car and it wouldn't shut off so they shot (I think) was a Co2 fire extinguisher into the front of the injector hat, it killed the engine pretty quick, just add some nozzles in the hat to inject the fire extinguisher into the engine, it could probably shut the engine down with a stuck throttle without it going boom.

I remember one race a long time ago in which they were warming up Gary Ormsby's T/F car and it wouldn't shut off so they shot (I think) was a Co2 fire extinguisher into the front of the injector hat, it killed the engine pretty quick, just add some nozzles in the hat to inject the fire extinguisher into the engine, it could probably shut the engine down with a stuck throttle without it going boom.

We had to do that in Dallas in 05 (I think, could have been 06) @ testing Monday when Gene Snow had his blowover. Car was backed up against the wall on its side with one tire blown out, the other was on the track spinning like a mad dog while the motor was still WFO...pretty itimidating, I can tell ya. Ya gotta get in there and get the fire extinguisher in the injector, like ya said.

Re: Nhra Announces Safety Task Force

This Is Great News!!! You think maybe ... just maybe they have been listening.:cool:

Among the big names that I'm glad are included, Tim Wilkerson is a welcome addition, and a little of a surprise based on his recent comments. Hat's off to NHRA to include people that should be included, and not to seek retaliation for speaking your mind.

There are some great minds included in that group but they will most likely only look at data provided by ----.

Maybe they can find the data the guy from American Racing using the NASA space shuttle downforce measuring device that was used on Doug's top fueler a couple years ago has.
Seems that info never saw the light of day , in or out of court.
I know, the Russell lawsuit but I think that's a done deal.

I think that this another LEAP towards the affore mentioned changes that we are seeing/ this is a Solid Group of experienced racers & tuners.
We will get very high milage out of this group!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back