Crew chiefs now have remote control shut off devices (1 Viewer)

;)

b8a784f5c85a5eceb6eae29f68717dcc.jpg

the moment a driver gets on the radio and says "I don't know, it just lost fire on me.... no shake, no slipping, nothing...." then you will know someone hacked the system

Not necessarily. I've personally seen several occasions where a wire falls out of it's pin socket just from normal vibrations and inexplicably either shuts the car off mid-run or they can't even start the thing to begin with. The additional safety nets these electronics have created is a wonderful thing, but it also adds one more thing to check every turnaround.

I like the idea, especially after hearing all the times the crew tries to radio the driver in quals, "hole out.. hole out.. Hole Out! HOLE OUT!!!" The time it takes for the driver to not only hear it, but respond and lift, a lot of damage can be done and a few gallons of oil may evacuate the block.

I don't know that I'd be worried about hacking of the signals, I'd be more concerned that someone sabotages the shutoff operations to cause an explosion.

that probably comes from the fact that your ass isn't strapped in a machine that can take your life in a split second

We already have a sport where the majority of control is handled outside the vehicle.... it's called a NASA manned space flight.

I can see it now.....

Dave Reiff: Wow Tony, did you see that? That FC just shot into the air, did a double flip, and landed on it's wheels!!! What happened?

Tony Pedregon: Well Dave, it looks like one of the crew members accidentally handed the crew chief a Traxxas controller.

:D

Last edited:
I like my drag racing without electronics......

Do you like seeing cars in almost every class on the planet running at their current ET's and mph? Without those electronics, it wouldn't be possible. Do you like seeing drivers survive engine problems and worse? Also wouldn't be as possible without those electronics.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back