NHRA Countdown DVD Review (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
I just got done reviewing the NHRA DVD I received today. Overall, I would say it is OK because we haven't had a year in review DVD/tape in almost 10 years. The DVD is focused solely on the Countdown and the multiple stages of the Countdown. I am fine with this, but unlike prior year end reviews there is very little footage interviewing the drivers throughout the year. Bob Frey does a good job narrating the DVD just like the outstanding job he does at the races. The DVD flows by class and the stage of the Countdown. For example, the race to the Countdown to 8 is covered by class and the first part covers TF Pomona thru Reading then FC, PS, PSB. Then the DVD covers the Countdown to 4 the same manner. The Eric Medlin and Wally Parks tributes were good. This is a good start to hopefully what will be an annual DVD.

Some DVD's have a menu where you can select "bonus features".
Sometimes there are "alternate endings".
Does this DVD have an "alternate ending" in there somewhere? :p

I hope someone gets one for PJ for Christmas. Maybe we could have a penny drive and all get him one. He loved the 07 season, and the Countdown, so!

I'll pass. It was painful enough to view as it was happening each race. Don't have any reason to want to view it again.

Pure NHRA propoganda.... to sell the Countdown. I ain't buyin' it! :mad:

I hope someone gets one for PJ for Christmas. Maybe we could have a penny drive and all get him one. He loved the 07 season, and the Countdown, so!

DVD's looks awesome after you put them in the microwave, they turn all kinds of pretty colors:D

Like Jakee said and even how's Paul review goes, seems more like propaganda than a year in review like they used to be.

Regardless I do hope that they start using the video footage they have to come out with some great dvd's. I've aklways wondered why this isn't a market that they have tapped into.

I'll pass. It was painful enough to view as it was happening each race. Don't have any reason to want to view it again.

Pure NHRA propoganda.... to sell the Countdown. I ain't buyin' it! :mad:

I couldn't agree more, now if they had a DVD of the 05 or 06 seasons then I'd be interested.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back