NHRA, Coca-Cola announce extension on sponsorship rights (1 Viewer)

That's good news!!! Hard to believe that Coke has held the title rights for 15 years now, and this deal will take it past 20.

pretty good i guess considering nextel/sprint called it quits......i still buy powerade because of their brand involvement.
full throttle didn't work out so well.......can definitely see a rejuvenated presence of mello yello in the last few years......and you
have to wonder if the nhra/mello yello deal is just a good fit for both companies. too bad the press release does not mention
increased professional purse money. maybe there will be? :rolleyes: 6 more years still better than searching for new partner.

Last edited:
Is this really a Big deal? Unless I'm missing something I heard Coke gives about 25-30% of what Winston gave?

70% of something is always better than 100% of nothing.
I haven't heard of Sponsors standing in line fighting to become a Major sponsor..

Seeing how they've paid for tv coverage I'm surprised NHRA doesn't pay CocaCola for the right to claim they're sponsoring it. :cool:

They must've said "relationship" a dozen times in that piece they just aired and never once said 'sponsorship', so maybe I'm not far off. :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back