NHRA changed Pro Mod rules. Racers spend $ to comply. NHRA rescinded rule change. (1 Viewer)

You will never have parity in a heads up class allowing multiple combonations. They have been trying to do this since the beginning of time. It's a headache I would not wish on anybody.
The one thing I will add is that parity is possible in this situation IF there is something that is a true performance limiter for the class. That what small tire/radial classes were supposed to do, but then specialty track prep pretty much eliminated that as a factor. No prep does the trick, but no thanks.

But in classes like pro mod, factory stock, etc., there will always be one combo that has an innate advantage under the current rules package, and once people figure out which one and refine it, everyone will flock to it because no one wants to be at a competitive disadvantage just to be different. That, or deal with the headache of constant parity adjustments.

The one thing I will add is that parity is possible in this situation IF there is something that is a true performance limiter for the class. That what small tire/radial classes were supposed to do, but then specialty track prep pretty much eliminated that as a factor. No prep does the trick, but no thanks.

But in classes like pro mod, factory stock, etc., there will always be one combo that has an innate advantage under the current rules package, and once people figure out which one and refine it, everyone will flock to it because no one wants to be at a competitive disadvantage just to be different. That, or deal with the headache of constant parity adjustments.
That’s where Steve Jackson comes in. He is looking at bringing Jeffery Barkers car out to show that the Nitrous combo now has the advantage.
One of the biggest issues with pro mod is that the nitrous combo is pretty much at its max potential. So all the other combinations have to be kept in the range of 5.70s.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back