NHRA@Calverton-A Success (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
The NHRA sanctioned race track at Enterprise Park@Calverton with 2 weekends of running looks to be very well received by all. With John Montecalvo and Peter Sclazo in command, thigs look bright for this street car 1/8mi. strip. They ran a show in late August that had only 1000 spectator tickets available, that sold out, 200 allowed race entries, that sold out as well. There is a max of 115mph or a 6 second et. Noise has not been an issue as there are big earthen berms the Gruman left behind have been a good sound barrier. The Town of Riverhead Board seems happy with the running of this track on the 7000 foot runway.

Just a bright spot to bring up instead of the mundane re-posts.

TopFuel@Lions

I raced 6 out of the 8 days (had plans already for attending Maple Grove for the last two). It was beyond words, they built a track on the runway in 28 days (jumbotron and all!) Saw people I haven't seen in years including kids of the kids my kids used to race against in junior dragster. Unbelievable success. Check it out- https://www.facebook.com/racetracknotstreet Hoping it gets renewed again for next year and maybe, maybe leave the barriers and stands up for a permanent facility.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back