NHRA Blogs (1 Viewer)

Mike, ya beat me. Antron's blog sounded great. I liked his comparison to a big mouth bass. This will be another I will try to keep up with. Thanks, Antron.

I am really going to miss Baze though!! It was really nice to see the family side of him too.

I'll miss Whit's blogs and his beautiful photos.

I just wish all the other blogs would be updated at least on a weekly basis...How hard is it to plop down a few sentences???:confused:

Again, I wish that NHRA would adopt normal blogging practices and include comments, and RSS SUBSCRIPTION! With them not updating regularly, it would help to have something that would automatically notify when a new post is present. Might increase readership!

Again, I wish that NHRA would adopt normal blogging practices and include comments, and RSS SUBSCRIPTION! With them not updating regularly, it would help to have something that would automatically notify when a new post is present. Might increase readership!

Excellent point and an easy fix...

Think I'm gonna like reading Antron's blog. Funny, informative, and I like how much his kids mean to him... very proud Papa

"Love, peace, and hair grease. And I’m out like shout." Hope he ends every entry like this...

And Hillary... Your Late!!!!!

d'kid

Have some faith Karl!!!:D

It was a good blog and her Dad's bar looks really cool. I love the checker flag lights!

Hey! Nobody mentioned that Wilber had kitties. And BLACK kitties! The BEST!!!

I'll be reading the CSK Blob now EVERY day.

I have 2 lovely black kitties too:)

i would like to see nhra post a blog from someone who DOESN'T have a coooshy life. i quit reading because i was tired of the "boy , the plane ride was tuff, then the ride to meet the team for sushi before leaving for vacation in the bahamas after the photo shoot while my new house is getting finished " crap! now i would have loved to read a blog from the teams in the 80's when some of the guys had REAL jobs. how about a blog from Whit while he was on his own living out of his dually and the spare body was tied to the roof of the trailer , or Austin Coil while on the match race tour with Frank Hawley in the good old days. now that would be reading. O damn, i just spilled my double espresso latte into my shrimp cocktail. ... gee I blogged......... excuse me while i puke!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah no kidding. Read Garlits book where he "blogs" about repairing the engine he blew on a Friday night while driving to the Saturday race several hundred miles away. Working while going down the road, crouching down inside the 1960's three foot high and 4 foot wide trailer.

None of this "I told the team manager to call FedEx" crap!

I love Bob Wilbur's blog. His two kitties, Boofus & Buster are adorable. I like to hear about the other side of their lives. You know, they do have one!!!:D

Now, if we could just get Todd to update the Team Kalitta blog!!!:p

i would like to see nhra post a blog from someone who DOESN'T have a coooshy life. i!:rolleyes:

Well, THAT would really inspire a Sponsor!

These guys are supposed to be professionals. I don't doubt for a minute that some have (and sometimes ARE) eating bologna, I don't think that's exactly the image one would want to portray to sponsors or potential sponsors.

We can hear the "fake-it-'til-you-make-it" stories AFTER they make it.

I love Bob Wilbur's blog. His two kitties, Boofus & Buster are adorable. I like to hear about the other side of their lives. You know, they do have one!!!:D

Now, if we could just get Todd to update the Team Kalitta blog!!!:p

:::::GASP:::::

He DID!!!

...well with a little delegation I suppose. ;)

Well, THAT would really inspire a Sponsor!

These guys are supposed to be professionals. I don't doubt for a minute that some have (and sometimes ARE) eating bologna, I don't think that's exactly the image one would want to portray to sponsors or potential sponsors.

We can hear the "fake-it-'til-you-make-it" stories AFTER they make it.

what i am getting at is you never hear any of these drivers talk about how they were out in the shop cutting clutch disks till 2 in the morning, or worked all weekend servicing cylinder heads. or the long drive in the tow rig from vegas to gainsville because THAT is what they do in order to race at the level THEY are at. todays drivers are soft!.! who wouldn't want to ride around with their family in a giant motorhome all over while someone else busts their ass. but do we need to hear it from 10 - 15 different ones. how about someone like Robert Height. i bet he is still out in the shop at this moment working on something that has to do with the cars and I don't mean some go cart to race in the local parade. or sitting on the couch eating soft serve ice cream after a hard day of putting decals on the new body.

Last edited:
what i am getting at is you never hear any of these drivers talk about how they were out in the shop cutting clutch disks till 2 in the morning, or worked all weekend servicing cylinder heads. or the long drive in the tow rig from vegas to gainsville because THAT is what they do in order to race at the level THEY are at. todays drivers are soft!.! who wouldn't want to ride around with their family in a giant motorhome all over while someone else busts their ass. but do we need to hear it from 10 - 15 different ones. how about someone like Robert Height. i bet he is still out in the shop at this moment working on something that has to do with the cars and I don't mean some go cart to race in the local parade. or sitting on the couch eating soft serve ice cream after a hard day of putting decals on the new body.

Sorry Bruce, but I know for a fact how hard the drivers and crews work at Kalitta Racing. I think you should know that they all came from humble beginnings doing ALL of the things that you have listed. What is different now is that THEY MADE IT!!! I don't know why you are bashing their success. They have earned the money to buy a beautiful house and a fancy motorhome too! Believe me.........they have all slept in their pickup trucks and stayed in the "Bates" style motels a time or two!!!

I am not trying to be mean, but really, the have earned it.

Thanks!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back