NHRA Better for Women Drivers (1 Viewer)

No argument with any of his points. Danica (and I really wanted her to succeed) just wasn't that good.
My only observation: I was really concerned with all the hype for Petty's drive "Bubba". I didn't see how he could possibly do well driving for a team that seemed to only strive for appearance money for the last 20-something years but, the kid finished 2nd. While luck always plays a role -especially in the final laps - he drove a smart race all day long.
A little more success (I still doubt Petty Team's ability) and this young man could create a lot of excitement for NASCAR.
PS: It is unfortunate that in this day, a qualified female or minority driver is still seen as a novelty. I'm proud my sport (with little bar to entry) is NHRA

Over the years, I too wanted Petty Enterprises to do well, but.....alas I think when Adam Petty died the whole team suffered.
Things are looking up..... with Bubba Wallace, Chase Elliot and Austin Dillon, I might just start watching NASCAR again

When I first heard of Bubba, I thought he was Rusty Wallace's son..... ;)

IMO the 32 +or- Pro Nitro drivers are not the "best" cream of the crop drivers, Why you ask?

It takes millions of dollars to even begin to get licensed in a nitro car or a large break to get the opportunity.

Look at how many drivers have come and gone that were very good at what they did. No money or could not bring a sponsor to the table.

Look at the lower classes and some of those guys are great drivers, what if the got the chance to wheel a nitro car? would they be the next great?

I am not taking anything away from the current crop but if these drivers were not born into the family good chance they would not be driving else where.

IMO the 32 +or- Pro Nitro drivers are not the "best" cream of the crop drivers, Why you ask?

It takes millions of dollars to even begin to get licensed in a nitro car or a large break to get the opportunity.

Look at how many drivers have come and gone that were very good at what they did. No money or could not bring a sponsor to the table.

Look at the lower classes and some of those guys are great drivers, what if the got the chance to wheel a nitro car? would they be the next great?

I am not taking anything away from the current crop but if these drivers were not born into the family good chance they would not be driving else where.
Where did you get that number from?o_O You could run a whole season on that kind of money.

lets see, you need a car, a few bullets, a rig to get it to the track, some people to work on it, a track to run it on, you might want to actually test before you go to license, along with all the little pieces and parts, OK a million will do.

Morning Sean.............

lets see, you need a car, a few bullets, a rig to get it to the track, some people to work on it, a track to run it on, you might want to actually test before you go to license, along with all the little pieces and parts, OK a million will do.

You guys are comparing two different things. If you want to start a team from scratch and then go license like you are talking I get how you're coming up with your numbers. But if you just want to license (which I think is what Eugene is talking about), there are opportunities to do so for somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 grand a lap for however many laps it takes you. That is a vast difference in total cost.

please point me in the direction where someone will let me license in their nitro car for 10 grand a lap, probably 50 g total, maybe alcohol ?

Larry Dixons 2 seater was 10g a pass,

Morning Sean.............
You can make a phone call to Del Worsham and you can license in a funny car or a dragster...or both if the price is right.

Yeah, there's big difference between licensing, bringing enough to get a seat in an existing ride or the ultimate of building the entire operation from the ground up. Personally, I didn't think you could get licensed in a fuel car that cheap. I had over 4-grand getting a Pro Stock license and that was nearly 25 years ago. That would be a pretty cool gig.

Afternoon, Pony.......... ;)

Sean D

I just wish they would stop pushing the woman driver stuff. Its 2018, what difference does it make if its a woman, man, white, black, asian, hispanic, european. Who cares. If they can drive and win then thats all that matters.

We have something that other race series only wishes they had....successful women drivers and champions. The NHRA celebrates this, but more could be done...
https://www.thewildcard.com/nascar-...ldcard.com&utm_term=68888&utm_content=2217855
the NHRA also has the deep family roots Kevin Harvick says is necessary for the next mega star...male or female
... do you agree with Harvick?

Because it’s just going in a straight line and no more than 6.5 seconds!
It requires more stamina to actually turn and drive for a few hours and have others surrounding you!
Really no comparison!

I just wish they would stop pushing the woman driver stuff. Its 2018, what difference does it make if its a woman, man, white, black, asian, hispanic, european. Who cares. If they can drive and win then thats all that matters.

It's probably ho-hum for someone like "us" who have been following the sport for decades. It was my girlfriend's first race and the female aspect was one of the things that stuck with her. NASCAR has a lock on what the public perceives as "racing" and it's the good ole boys day in and day out. On the way back from the track it was one of the comments that she made to her family, she was surprised at the number of women who are not just there, but doing well.

One time at a truck race one of the Petty drivers blew an engine and has he was walking back from pit lane one of the guys said to him it finally blew and he said Yes and I am so happy because they will finally have to put in another motor and I can only hope this one last for another four races.

This team is not known for being big spenders on engines!

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back