NHRA Banquet Speaches (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
Has anyone watched the victory speaches from the banquet? It says they are there on youtube, have not been able to find them?

These prepared speeches, like most you'll hear at any awards banquet, would put you to sleep in the middle of a napalm attack. I only watch (parts of) them because they have to do with drag racing and to pay a little respect to the champs. One speech of note, however, was the emotional one about 10 years ago when Alan Johnson won the PS Championship and brought his Dad Roy up on the stage with him towards the end of his speech. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

It's on YouTube. Watched the whole thing. Going from each category, Matt Smith is badass. How do you beat that? Same thing in Pro Stock car. I'm sure Greg is chomping at the bit, but Erica is the standard. Speaking of Pro Stock, so nice to see Camrie get the rookie of the year award. She is a sweetheart. Ron Capps, you are like a horse that is behind, then crosses the finish line at the last second. That is amazing. John Medlin, you will be missed. Then there is Brittany. She knows how she got here. She spent most of her speech praising her team. Grubby, you finally got one. Enjoy it. (On a side note, Amanda, woah. You looked beautiful.)

Carl, here’s the speech by Allen Johnson in 2012.
It begins at the 12 minute mark.
Thanks, Ted. I watched it again for about the 5th time - with the same reaction. I hated to see the Johnsons leave racing but all good things come to an end, eventually.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back