New Top Fuel driver in America? (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

That would be Urs Urbacher? Not sure about his exploits in TF, but his Alky Floppers ran numbers that would qualify at any race here! And being the Giant he is at 6' 6" 270-280? That' s awesome to put thaqt kind of Power down!;)

That is his name... Wasn't there someone who competed in the Winter Olympics who was a European drag racer?

CJ Curtsinger

Urs is a european TF champ. He bought Doug's '05 car. I am pretty certain that is the car he is racing in Vegas.

Yes Brent, its the Doug '05 car that Urs is shipping back for winter. The Fat Attack team have had help from Glenn Mikres on some of the European tour where they took the Championship by one point in the final of the final round at Santa Pod. It'd be great to see the big guy do well in Vegas and Pomona and boy will they party if they do good. Gotta be the biggest partying team on the European scene!

Here's a good interview with Urs - Exclusive interview with Urs Erbacher

He spent some time at the shop when he came to pick up the car. He's a pretty interesting guy. He does custom bikes and has some pretty trick rides. Pretty unusual to see 2 TF drivers as big as Doug and Urs.

Thanks Ian... That was indeed him... I remember watching the broadcast and them talking about his successful career in drag racing...

CJ Curtsinger

Urs Erbacher is worshipped as a minor deity in Europe. You guys should really get over here for an FIA event, best kept secret in world drag racing.

I meant to post these a while ago - but as Vegas and Pomona approaches, these pictures can be a little taster for those people thinking "Who's that?" when they see him on track.

Ladies & Gentlemen:- The FIA European Champion - from Switzerland - Urs Erbacher:

Qualifying Saturday at the European Finals at Santa Pod:
Erbacher_EF_SAT01-3.jpg

After picking up the trophy after winning the meeting and the 2007 Championship - Urs (on the left) is looking pretty pleased with himself. Here, he is pictured with race runner-up Stig Neergaard (from Denmark - he bought Rhonda Hartman's entire setup)
Erbacher_EF_SUN-pres03.jpg

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back