New Quick 32 Sportsman Series ideal racing venue for Doug Cadman (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Driver of 1955 blown Thunderbird “looking forward to getting involved”

COURTLAND, ONTARIO (April 29, 2009) – Doug Cadman thinks the timing of the new Quick 32 Sportsman Series presented by NAPA Auto Parts is ideal.

“I’m very excited about this new series,” said Cadman. “I’m looking forward to getting involved with something that is local.”

Cadman will be getting involved with a unique and popular race car, his 1955 Thunderbird bodied-doorslammer.

Powered by a supercharged 540-cubic inch Ford Shotgun Hemi, the engine sits in a newer, longer chassis that he constructed in 2007. He added the wheelbase for the T-Bird is now seven inches longer, which provides much better handling than before when he was competing in the Supercharged Thunder touring group.

“I’m real happy with the new set-up,” he said. “It goes very straight down the track and handles well.”

A Bruno's Automotive Products torque converter drive and a Lenco three-speed transmission sits behind the Ford powerplant, and an Enderle fuel injection system is used to motivate the car.

Sponsored by Trackless Vehicles Ltd. and Work Equipment Ltd, Cadman has raced throughout the United States and Canada, and spent six years touring with the Michigan-based Supercharged Thunder Series.

Cadman said he started out “playing with street cars” back in the 1970s, and has worked his way into faster vehicles when time and money allowed. Along with campaigning the T-Bird, he is also building a replica of the 1973 Dodge Charger Chi-Town Hustler Funny Car which he hopes to have ready and race next season. He purchased the original Chi-Town Hustler, and is using it as a basis for a duplicate car, but highly updated, for nostalgia FC racing.

But this season Cadman, along with wife Julie, will concentrate on racing the T-Bird, starting with the season opener at Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga, Ontario May 16 and 17.

“This new series should be great for the teams,” he commented. “There’s a social aspect to racing as a group. You make friends and develop a camaraderie. With this new series we’ll be able to go to the different tracks and be with the same people, and that’s an important part of racing to me.”

The Quick 32 Sportsman Series presented by NAPA Auto Parts, Quick 32 Sportsman Series, will compete six times, several times with the Pro Modified Racing Association (PMRA), Pro Modified Racing Association, as well as selected special events, offering fans a great show of drag racing.

For 2009, dates include Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga, Ontario, starting with the season opener on May 16 and 17 and the season-closer on September 19 and 20, at St. Thomas Dragway on July 11 and 12, and the South-western Ontario track of the Grand Bend Motorplex on June 27 and 28, August 8 and 9 and September 5 and 6.

Attachments

• clip_image002_114.jpg
    clip_image002_114.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 13
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back