Paolo Giust leads Quick 32 Sportsman Series (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Paolo Giust leads Quick 32 Sportsman Series going into next
event at Grand Bend

Ottawa-area dragster team hoping to continue success in round two

OSGOODE, ONTARIO (June 1, 2010) – Paolo Giust was pleased with his performance at the opening round of the Quick 32 Sportsman Series presented by NAPA Auto Parts held on the Cayuga Dragway of Toronto Motorsports Park May 21-23 in Cayuga, Ontario.

The Top Dragster driver not only won his Top Dragster division in the first race of the season, he took out the Top Sportsman winner Steve Corriveau of Fonthill, Ontario to capture the Quick 32 Sportsman Series title.

“We were right on the tree,” Giust said about his race. “I did my job and the car did its job.”

The 2009 Race Tech Race Cars and Components dragster has a West Carleton Automotive 632-cubic inch Big Chief engine between its rails, fueled by a Rupert’s Racing Products/Speedtech Nitrous system. A two-speed Powerglide by Select Performance sits behind the engine.

Giust mentioned he has raced for some time, starting in a door-car, but got into a dragster a few years ago, stepping up his racing.

“I got into this seriously in 2004,” he said. “I started with a dragster and started to go faster and faster,” adding he has competed in IHRA competition and at local tracks from his Ottawa, Ontario-area home.

But for 2010, Giust said he will concentrate on the Quick 32 Sportsman Series. “I think the Quick 32 Sportsman Series will be my primary series. My home track is Arnie Malcolm’s Luskville Dragway in Luskville, Quebec.”

Wife Shannon helps with the effort, which is sponsored by Ottawa Greenbelt Construction.

Presently leading the Quick 32 Sportsman Series Championship Point Award Series, Giust said he was happy with the car for the first race, adding he may add more nitrous when he takes to the track for the RPM PowerFest & Media Weekend slated for June 25-27 at the Grand Bend Motorplex in Grand Bend, Ontario.

Giust said his first exposure to the Quick 32 Sportsman Series was a good one.

“I was impressed with the Quick 32 Sportsman Series,” he said. “All the Series Officials were very accommodating. Everyone was great.”

He also wanted to thank the efforts of fellow Quick 32 Sportsman Series competitors Tom Orr and Bill Moloughney, with whom he travels to racing events with.

“We travel around together,” he noted, “and we have always helped each other. I want to give a big thanks to Tommy (Orr). He helped out a lot at Cayuga.”

For information about the RPM PowerFest & Media Weekend at the Grand Bend Motorplex, call (519) 238-7223 or visit RPM Magazine ~ Dedicated to Fast Doorslammer Racing or Canada's Premier Racing Facility

Attachments

• Gist.jpg
    Gist.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 21
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back