Need Photos of 84 Amato Car (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
Need some photos of Joeys 84 Car which came out in Gainesville with the tall wing, and promptly ran the first 260, with a 260 blast in the Semi finals, and 262 in the Finals. This car has been restored and is in the Garlits Museum. I have a fairly large project going, and just need some pics for sponsor logos, and placement. Easy way to tell this car, it does not have TRW on the side, it's Hurst, Keystone, and Joe Amato in blue lettering.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Paul,

I was just at the Garlits museum 2 weeks ago. I wish I would have known you were looking for pictures of a specific car. I just went though all my pictures from that day and I don't seem to have any of Joe's car. In fact, I don't remember seeing it at all. There was one empty spot in the museum, I wonder if they moved the car out for some reason? I'm sure I just missed it. We only had an hour and a half before they closed so I'm sure I missed a BUNCH of stuff. You pretty much need an entire day in that place.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Brian

Hi Paul,

I was at Garlits' museum last year and here is the only picture I took of Joe's car. Sorry no side shots. I'll see if I have any others that were taken when he raced this car. I am very curious to hear more about your project.

-stan

Paul,

I have photos of it in a book. Some really good side on shots. I won't be able to get them up till Tuesday (Monday on your side of the world) If you have no luck between now and then. Give me a shout on this thread and I will post them up for you.

Regards,

Mike

Not the best picture, but here's another one.

J_Amato02.jpg

Bump still need photos!!

I picked up a 1/4 scale R/C dragster basket case, and I am doing a complete restore on it. I'd like to do it as the 84 car, and I need some shots to get some decals replicated.

qscaleout.jpg

PB180407.jpg

Last edited:
Paul,

My inbox was full. Ill get the photos up later today. Sorry for the delay. University has been hectic.

The photos are from the Hot Rod and Dragsters book by Melvyn Record.

Mike

Paul,
Here is a photo that I took in March 2005 at the Garlits Museum. It is the only Amato photo that I have.
How did you fit that model of yours into that little cardboard box.:D:D
Ken
P1010122.jpg

Thank you!! Now we are talking! It appears to me, that the car changed at somepoint during the year. I don't think the TRW was that prominent in the early part of the season. I could be wrong though.

Any direct side profile shots would be great!!

while on the subject of Amatos car what ever happened to the one piece body a few years back?
they were trying to eliminate the body skin from flexing I recall

Good question. Last time I know of it being used was when Morgan Lucas was doing his license passes at Maple Grove. It was all painted up in Lucas colors. I would Imagine Doug Davenport ended up with it unless Joe kept it for some reason.

Mayfield just held an auction here a couple of weeks ago, so he might've sold it, not sure though; there was a lot of items up for sale.

Like I said in the PM, this is not really a great shot. (sucks I don't have a scanner) But you can pretty much make out all the decals on Joe's car that season.

IMG_3050.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back