Naylor's Tires??? (1 Viewer)

na

Nitro Member
Naylor's running Hoosiers...........I thought Goodyear's were the only allowed tire?

Naylor's running Hoosiers...........I thought Goodyear's were the only allowed tire?

Steve - I think (rule book is in my desk at the office) wording is that all four tires must be the same brand, which was the case. I doubt that Max would be running Hoosiers for two races in a row if this was not so.
If I'm wrong, I'll be corrected VERY quickly -:D

Goodyears are the only approved tires for Top Fuel and Funny Car. It's been a while but a few years ago WJ was trying out Hoosier tires on his car.

I liked the way Max put it... All he could get was 'Leftovers' in weird sizes from Good^Year...

Kinda hope we see more people running Hoosiers....

Jim is correct - the tire rule in Pro Stock only requires that all four be the same brand. That came about because some drivers were mixing brands between front and rear and claiming both contingencies.

Those Hoosiers seem to be hooking well...I wouldn't be surprised to see more P/S cars using them after this race.

You guys are right about Hoosiers in IHRA Pro Stock. There are quite a few cars in that class running M/T's, too. No one tire manufacturer has a lock on that class. Practically any blown alcohol car (TAD, TAFC, Pro Mod, etc.) in the US runs either Hoosier or M/T...very few run Goodyear. Very interesting that once you get past Top Fuel and Funny Car that there is quite a bit of rubber diversity in drag racing.

I run a set of Toyo Tires on the back of my dragster. Since they don't make a 17" front tire yet I take off the competitor's logo (some acetone and a terry cloth towel does the trick). They (Toyo) don't send their drive tires with any lettering on them. Can't tell you the number of times I answer the question of "Hey, man. What kinda tars is those?" I've been a Hoosier guy since 1993 but I am sold on these Toyos. Very consistent no matter the conditions. The only time they've spun is when I lined up out of the groove.

Speaking of TOYO, I saw a TOYO sponsored car a couple weeks ago running Hoosier tires with the white letters covered in black magic marker.
That reminded me of a guy out here doing that...Click Here. You cant tell too well (since its a burnout) but the tires are Hoosier and right above the tire it says "Toyo Tires".

Needless to say the next race the Hoosiers were still on the car, but the Toyo sticker was gone off the quarter panel...Click Here

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back