Nascar Asks Drivers to Be More Aggressive (1 Viewer)

NONE

Nitro Member
I heard on the sports news that because of fans saying that racing was getting boring, NASCAR is asking drivers to be more aggressive and show more emotion about winning or losing. They are also openning up the restricter plates a little at Daytona and Taledega. What if NHRA told their drivers the same thing?

Wayne.

I heard on the sports news that because of fans saying that racing was getting boring, NASCAR is asking drivers to be more aggressive and show more emotion about winning or losing. They are also openning up the restricter plates a little at Daytona and Taledega. What if NHRA told their drivers the same thing?

Wayne.

What if NHRA told their drivers to race 1320 balls out again ? What if NHRA crowned the driver with the most season long points the champ ? What if you build me a frick'n time machine so I can go back and watch the real deal again ?

What if we went back to the good old days when a drag race was TWO cars racing each other?

NASCAR had finally acknowledged the show has grown lame as hell.

When they instituted the "Can't touch this!!!" rule at Talledega last year, many predicted what happened: morning rush hour at 200mph. No one willing to pass another for fear of invoking the corner marshal's wrath. In other words, a boring race.

Plus, they've gone back to the spoiler and dropped he wing, although I must sayI kind of liked the wing.

When they instituted the "Can't touch this!!!" rule at Talledega last year, many predicted what happened: morning rush hour at 200mph. No one willing to pass another for fear of invoking the corner marshal's wrath. In other words, a boring race.

Plus, they've gone back to the spoiler and dropped he wing, although I must sayI kind of liked the wing.

I turned my back on NASCAR years ago....when they issued restrictor plates for all the cars.The "car of tomorrow" and the idiotic "Chase" have turned the sport into one big IROC circuit.....BORING ! This is the part where I bash the NHRA for doing the same things... but I'll give it a rest today.

Empty seats must speak pretty loud.

Empty seats must speak pretty loud.

And those empty seats will be speaking even louder this year. Last year's tickets were already bought and paid for before the total tanking so look for this years grandstands to be even lighter ;) Been going to Dover for the past 10 years but this year did not renew them. $94 bucks a pop. Nope.

We were at Motorsports this weekend and Dover had a display there with a handout for tickets - buy one for $84 get the 2nd one for $42. :mad:No offer for the repeat ticket holder and the fine print says not valid for previous sales...and then they wonder why....:mad:

Chicagoland offered a 10% discount if you renewed your Trackpass by the end of November, which is exactly what I did. Last year was the first year I have gone to Chicagoland for a Nascar race and the race wasn't sold out for the Sprint Cup race. Unfortunately, many of the jobs that went away in this recession were blue collar jobs which is one of the major demographics for Nascar. I would expect the races to continue to not sell out for the foreseeable future. I am currently planning my summer family vacation around the July 4th race in Daytona and I was shocked how cheap tickets were. Going to the race in Daytona will be the cheapest day of my week in Orlando when compared to Disney.

I used to love NASCAR..along with just about any kind of racing.

They ripped the spoiler off..opened the restrictors quite a bit..I'll watch and see.

Wayne.

Unfortunately, this means little, if anything. Their main reason for this announcement was for all media to pick it up and run with it, which they did. The dweeb on HLN made it sound like they were going to be beating and banging evey week. It's not going to happen. Point racing will still be going on...you know, where eveyone doesn't want to race to keep their position in the Chase. The bump draft rule at Dega had nothing to do with the empty stands in the fall. It would have had plenty to do with empty seats had they kept it for the spring race. Maybe they shouldn't have moved the race deeper into the SEC football season and on Halloween weekend. And PS: don't we get enough emotion out of crybaby Kyle every week whether he wins or especially if he doesn't?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back