Narrowed Charger dragster?? (1 Viewer)

Devilbrad

Nitro Member
I seem to remember as a kid a Revell model of a narrowed and lenghtened 69ish Dodge Charger body over a dragster chassis. I dont think there was ever an actual race car like that, but cant find anything on the internet about the model. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Don Garlits / Emory Cook
This is all I could find for Don Garlits/Emory Cook. Not the car I am thinking of. The Charger was very narrow, same width as the top fuel chassis.

AP6253249.jpg

I seem to remember as a kid a Revell model of a narrowed and lenghtened 69ish Dodge Charger body over a dragster chassis. I dont think there was ever an actual race car like that, but cant find anything on the internet about the model. Anyone know what I am talking about?

The Jocko car maybe? The last time I say it, it was behind Glen Blackleys shop in Tampa, about 1974.

Junior Brogdon had a Mustang, about 1966, that I believe was called the 'Phony Pony'. If I remember correctly that was a very narrow car that was draped over a digger chassis. I remember seeing the car run at Lions shortly after the A/FX craze so it had to be a VERY early Funny Car.

Check the second picture under this link. I believe this is one of the later cars. 70s Funny Cars - Round 29

Last edited:
Junior Brogdon had a Mustang, about 1966, that I believe was called the 'Phony Pony'. If I remember correctly that was a very narrow car that was draped over a digger chassis. I remember seeing the car run at Lions shortly after the A/FX craze so it had to be a VERY early Funny Car.

Check the second picture under this link. I believe this is one of the later cars. 70s Funny Cars - Round 29

That is one of his later cars. The real skinny car(s) were set over a junior fuel type chassis with an injected small block Ford. I believe I saw him at San Fernando with two small block injected Fords in the skinny Mustang.

Jay

I also seem to remember that. I think you are correct about it not being a replica of an actual car.

it was garlits in66 the car was ran later by dick branaster"polka dot dodge'

There was a kit with a 63 mopar body on a dragster chassis, came out at the same time as a 53 studie alt wheel base fliptop, kits came out sometime around 67/68. the digger/mopar had no interior tin and was a hardtop.

d'kid

There was a kit with a 63 mopar body on a dragster chassis, came out at the same time as a 53 studie alt wheel base fliptop, kits came out sometime around 67/68. the digger/mopar had no interior tin and was a hardtop.

d'kid

Was it a Cuda? This one? If so Retro Hobby will re-release it very soon...

digger_big.jpg

Dave

post #14 almost nails it.

Your subconscious may be percolating cobwebbed memories of a model car builder around 1966 won a model car science magazine build contest with a visionary front driver dragster that was a merger between a charger back half and a dragster front half.

guy really knew how to create awesome model cars!

-90% Jimmy

post #14 almost nails it.

Your subconscious may be percolating cobwebbed memories of a model car builder around 1966 won a model car science magazine build contest with a visionary front driver dragster that was a merger between a charger back half and a dragster front half.

guy really knew how to create awesome model cars!

-90% Jimmy

Thats what it was!!!!!!!!!!!! I now remember an article in a magazine about it! Yeah, very close to that Cuda model. Thanks guys!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back