Funny Car Data (1 Viewer)

Jason Green

Nitro Member
Hey everybody! This is my first time posting here. I'm in need of some info and I have tried all the conventional sources and cant seem to find what I need. I'm doing a business model for a funny car team. This team will be started from the ground up. WHat I need is any info on costs to operate a nitro funny car team, initial investments etc and cost per race. Also I would like to compare this to what it may cost to buy an existing team (equipment only). I know at one time Frank Pedregon's stuff was for sale turn key, does anyone remember how much?

One more question, driving schools.......is Paul Smith the only game in town when it comes to nitro cars? Anybody know how much his school costs or how to contact him? I cant find a website for his school.
Thanks!~

Jason,

I don't know specifics about the costs of Nitro Funny Cars, but I know is very high... I believe someone on TV during Denver said it would cost a minimum of 2-3 million just to be there (and I don't know how competetive that would be) for a year... That I don't think includes the rig or any of the startup costs... Buying turnkey means: "You can run this once, then you must buy new parts"...

Be prepared to empty your pockets if this is something you want to get into... Maybe someone like Schumacher, Knoll or Ashley could tell you numbers from experience...

Whatever the cost is make sure you have more because you have to be able to throw money at problems at that level...

CJ Curtsinger

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back