NAPA AUTO PARTS and Lincoln College of Technology Honor Robert Rife as Honorary Crew (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]INDIANAPOLIS (Sept. 6, 2009) - NAPA AUTO PARTS and Lincoln College of Technology in Indianapolis joined together today at the 55th annual U.S. Nationals at Raceway Park in Indianapolis to name one of Lincoln College's students as Honorary Crew Member for the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge Funny Car driven by Ron Capps.

"Lincoln College of Technology, NAPA AUTO PARTS and NAPA Tools and Equipment have been doing business for over 40 years and we do have a NAPA store inside their school here in Indianapolis," said Jim Rule, Senior Account Manager, NAPA Tools and Equipment.

"Lincoln is not only a customer of ours, they're a partner of ours and we supply all 13 of their schools around the country. We're always looking to increase the number of talented technicians in the aftermarket business, including our NAPA stores and AutoCare Centers."

Robert Rife, 34, whose hometown is San Diego, Calif., was selected as the Honorary Crew Member today as one of two of the best students at Lincoln Tech College in Indianapolis based on attendance, GTP and a test, including an intense essay. The runner-up was Amanda Ayers, of Cumberland, Ind.

Steve Frazier, Education Supervisor for Lincoln College of Technology, explained Lincoln Tech's background: "It has several disciplines: automotive, Diesel, collision and also what is called EST, which is electronic service technician, handling low voltage wiring in a house. We actually have a house in the school and our collision department is one of the largest collision repair facilities in the United States.

"We draw students from about seven or eight different states around us."

Rife, who lives in Indianapolis, made his first visit to an NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series event this weekend. "I actually worked at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway for three years," he said, "but this is my first drag event. It's just awesome. It's unbelievable. It's really cool. I'm just glad I got the opportunity to be here.

"I got out of the military after 13 years and I moved to Indianapolis because my dad is originally from northern Indiana and I wanted to be closer to my family. I was going to IUPUI (Indianapolis University-Purdue University Indianapolis) to go to medical school and then, because I love cars, I decided to switch over to Lincoln Technical College for the auto and Diesel programs.

"I eventually want to get into the BMW step program in Orlando, work for a dealership for a couple of years and get some experience and then open up my own shop. I'm trying to convince my wife to open up her own NAPA store so I can get all of my parts from her."

Attachments

• rife.jpg
    rife.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 4
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back