My Pomona "flavor" pics !!! (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Took a ton of pics, put them into slideshows.
Photobucket wouldn't let me make one big slide show, had to break it up into 8 parts. Sorry 'bout that.

Click the pics

Special thanx to Greggo for hanging out on Sunday to watch a couple rounds of racing....
Kelly, thanks for sending me a "hi" thru Greg's phone...
Thanx to the 'maters that attended the meetings....

It was a warm weekend, I actually heat-stroked just as alky F/C 1st rd of elims started! Got all dizzy, upset stomach, weak.....went back to the car and sat in the air conditioning for a while, drank some powerade, ate some sugar, some food. Recovered. The heat caught me off gaurd.

The nitro smelled and sounded sooooooooo good!!!!

Paul, man, that's alot of pictures! Looks like I missed out on the Rockstar models on Saturday. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

Hey Joe!

You know who I missed out on?
The budweiser "Last call" girls.
They walk in front of the stands holding the "last call for beer" signs overhead before the semis.
Last November, they were HHHHHHHOT!

This year, the ditzy girls held the signs perpendicular to the crowd.
No one could read the signs LOL not that it matters, just thought it was typically California.

I'm waiting for Sherwood's good pictures :D

Awww....you're welcome Paul!

And great pics! Thank for the MANY glimpses into the 1st race of the year! :D

Sandy, I saw that too. That was great! I saw the pic in the album and was literally laughing out loud here. That was just classic.

From Wilbur's blog..."On the subject of photographs, I have to relay this brief story and the next pic with you. I was standing near our Funny Car body in the pit area in Pomona, when a guy walked up to me, introduced himself as Paul, and asked if we could have our picture taken together. After asking him if he really wanted his pic taken with me (as opposed to someone important, like say ... Del Worsham!) he said yes and asked me just to play along and not be surprised by the way he was going to act when the shutter was clicked. We took the pic, he said "You'll see what I'm up to soon," shook my hand, and walked away...

A couple of days later, Paul's masterwork arrived via email and is presented here, for your viewing enjoyment. Now that's hilarious! Thanks Paul, you had me worried for a second, but it turned out great and I laughed out loud when I saw it. A lot of other readers have been clamoring for more pics of Da Boyce, but I haven't been able to get any new shots of them lately. They run too fast..."

That pic idea happened totally at random and spontaneously on-the-spot.

Hey Sandy, missed you Saturday and Sunday!
Mr. Jean, was hoping to meet you at Pomona.
Will look for you at March meet.
Thanx Cheryl and everyone for the comments. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back