My not-so-great Pomona2 pics :( (2 Viewers)

pomona2063.jpg

The American Dragster TV show crew(also from Santa Maria) hanging out....hope to see a 3rd season
pomona2065.jpg

One day, before I die, I gotta go to the salt flats and see these rockets perform
pomona2066.jpg

Nostalgia
pomona2067.jpg

Jeggie celebrating
pomona2071.jpg

Later, I bumped into 'mater Gordon Carlon
pomona2072.jpg

Cool as he77 Gary
pomona2073.jpg

Douglas H
pomona2074.jpg

Souvenirs! get yer souvenirs here! (KB gave away their used tires)
pomona2075.jpg

Blown and injected cabinet
pomona2076.jpg

C'Mac awesome with fans
pomona2077.jpg

Tired! We want to go home to our families!!!!
pomona2078.jpg

Congratulatory celebration in Tony P's pit
pomona2079.jpg

Congratulations Dickie V! Sorry, the camera only got your right shoulder!

Avenue "D" heading back home
pomona2092.jpg

I must say, many many folks in the stands are NOT happy about the countdown. I was pleasantly surprised to see how generally aware and educated even the casual fans are of the new system.
Overall, based solely on conversations I overheard throughout, it is a miserable failure.
The press can spin it any way they want, but there was a most definite palor hanging heavy in the air over the grandstands. It was tangible almost. People were NOT buying it.
The usual year-end party atmosphere was also missing.

So anyways, it was a lot of fun hanging out with the 'maters all afternoon.
It was a lot of fun watching the tons of pretty girls walking around!!
So, that's all I have for now friends. Thanx for viewing!
-Paul

Nice job Paul. I wish I had been there to hang out with you guys. I called Greggo a couple times to get in-race updates and while it satisfied my curiousity, it didn't do anything for my envy.

Paul, thanks for the GREAT photos. You captured it all, the pomp, the color, the tension, and the fun of the Finals. Don't you dare dis your work. They were great, all of them. I really enjoyed the drive to Pomona, and the drive home. And everything in between captured it all. I swear I smelled nitro in the pit shots. The Peggy pic was awesome, as were so many others. Cory with the two boys in the stroller was great! I'll be back to this thread all winter. One more thing, you have a magic way with your captions, so much so that one day you WILL marry one of those ladies! Thanks again!

BobK49

Nice job Paul! Kinda funny that you came all the way from beautiful Santa Maria and I live just 12 miles from the track and I never set foot on the property all week! Even with a car pass and tickets I can't bring myself to go out there.

So your pics helped me see what I missed. Thanks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back