My model car collection. (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
When people walk into our house one of the first things they look at is my display case. Here are are pictures from it:

P1010548copy.jpg

A pic of the whole thing.

P1010549copy.jpg

That pudgy faced kid on top of the john force cars is me at like 10.

P1010550copy.jpg

Yes, that steam engine is fully functional. I can't run it though because I'm afraid of lighting the carpet on fire (the bottom gets really, really warm!).

P1010551copy.jpg

A Crown Vic, two diggers and hoppin' Caddy.

Last edited:
P1010552copy.jpg

To conserve space, I put the jeep in the bed of the dually. The engine, however, would not fit.

P1010554copy.jpg

A closer look at the dragsters.

P1010553copy.jpg

A close look at the dually.

You'll open up a floodgate of people that do models, Dude..I took some quick shots of my gassers:
Trox.jpg

Stone.jpg

Shores.jpg

P1000767.jpg

And check this out..I even made the decal..oh..and I also put myself driving the dam thang..hehe:
Hiary.jpg

HairyCanaryD.jpg

This'll be a good thread. My mom threw mine out! :eek: Used to shoehorn the wrong scale engines into smaller scale models, zinger style.

I don’t have any of my old models but a friend of mine built 2 Army cars when he was 13. A few years ago he remembered these cars were sitting in his old bedroom at his dads house and decided they should be put on the ledge in the bathroom in my garage. When I saw them for the first time they were covered in dust and discolored but I thought they were pretty damn cool considering he built them when he was 13.

Now I realize a bathroom isn’t the best place for a model but keep in mind it’s a “shop” bathroom.

models.JPG

Funny story about the Big Daddy poster in the background….. I stopped at a truck stop in New Mexico when we were on our way back home from the National event in Phoenix a few years ago. I parked our motor home next to a black Dodge Dually pulling a black enclosed trailer. (I didn’t notice any decals on the entire rig) I didn’t think anything of it until I walked past the rear ramp door and noticed one small decal on the rear door that said “Big Daddy Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing” I thought to myself “could it be?” Sure enough, I walked around to the other side of the trailer and there was Bob Kraft (he works for Big) sitting inside the trailer with the side door open eating a Subway sandwich right in front of Swamp Rat 3!!! Long story short…… It’s a poster of Big’s first blow over July 12th, 1986 Englishtown NJ. And I bought it from him at a truck stop in middle of New Mexico. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back