Muscle Milk Team Makes it to Semis at Dodge Indy Nationals (1 Viewer)

Duane Shields and Muscle Milk Team had a good outing at the Lucas Oil Regional event held in conjunction with the Dodge NHRA Indy Nationals presented by Pennzoil. Duane used some muscle to qualify 2nd with a sizzling 5.27 at 274 MPH and then grabbed a semi-final finish.

Duane drew the number seven qualifier, Mick Steele, in round one. At the hit, Steele got off the starting line first but Duane had more horsepower and was able to take the lead at half-track and then hold on for the win. Duane recorded a 5.30 at 277 MPH to Steele's 5.38 at 266 MPH.

In the semi-finals Duane met up with Julie Nataas. Both cars left too soon and since Duane left the soonest he received the red light. "The driver messed up and flinched and went red. I hit the throttle and was ready to go. Just as I was pushing the pedal I realized it wasn’t time. I pulled the brake. Messing up the ET. We at least have a competitive car again before the US Nationals." Nataas ran a 5.29 to Duane's 5.37 at 277 MPH.
Next on the schedule is the Lucas Oil Nationals, August 14-16 in Brainerd. Duane would like to thank Muscle Milk, NGK, SRI, GRP, CleanBoost, and Brad Anderson Enterprises for their support.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back