Motorsports writers opinions on Force (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Burk on DRO reports that this season's JFR crashes were caused by either tire or chassis failure - with no supporting evidence. Brilliant.
And - Jeff Wolf reports after meeting with John that - 1. The team is rushing to complete a new Pflueger chassis for Robert to race at Richmond.
And . . . 2. Ashley may not race until the cause of John's crash is determined and the problem is corrected. This is certainly some new news!

It's good to see that all of you experts have this figured out. It's pretty clear that JFR is searching for those answers - maybe you should give them a call.

Burk on DRO reports that this season's JFR crashes were caused by either tire or chassis failure - with no supporting evidence. Brilliant.
And - Jeff Wolf reports after meeting with John that - 1. The team is rushing to complete a new Pflueger chassis for Robert to race at Richmond.
And . . . 2. Ashley may not race until the cause of John's crash is determined and the problem is corrected. This is certainly some new news!

It's good to see that all of you experts have this figured out. It's pretty clear that JFR is searching for those answers - maybe you should give them a call.

Jim,

This is what we call comedic journalism.... ;)

It will sure be interesting when and if a detemination is made about what happened. Like a lot of others I've been around the sport for 30 plus years and have seen numerous crashes. I don't recall anything similar to what happened to Force's car, ie; coming apart without a significant impact first.

So, if Burke turns out to be right will you give him an attaboy?

How come a Pflueger car instead of a Murf? Is something wrong?

William...JFR has always favored Pluegers chassis' but he cannot put them out as quick as Murf due to Steve likes to do all the welding himself rather than an assembly line type of production....
If Plueger could put em out fast almost everyone in fuel funny car racing would use his stuff....He is the master....

doesnt it look to anyone that when kenny hit the timing block That it went under forces car - could that have not caused the tire failure and the subsequent chassis damage.

doesnt it look to anyone that when kenny hit the timing block That it went under forces car - could that have not caused the tire failure and the subsequent chassis damage.
It's been beaten to death and the cones never come in contact with the car. Watch the video from the front angle in slo-mo and you can see the 2nd cone goes cleanly behind John's car by several feet. The car is already coming apart by the time the 1st cone is within a couple feet of his car. Rex and a couple others with HD say they can see pieces of something going under John's car but it's definitely not the cone(s).

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

We were sitting at the finish line. To me, it looked like the left slick delaminated prior to the chassis failure. I agree, something wrong was happening before the reflector boxes got over to John's car. I've watched the videos from every angle and think it was the Goodyear's fault. Just my 2 cents

Lets be realistic, how often is Burke right? Well... there was that one time when someone asked him his name. :D

Yeah....remember this is the guy(Burke) who said on National TV on CBS This Morning that...."I've been around this sport for 30 years..and Troy Critchley was TRYING to drive that car into the pole":eek::eek::eek:

William...JFR has always favored Pluegers chassis' but he cannot put them out as quick as Murf due to Steve likes to do all the welding himself rather than an assembly line type of production....
If Plueger could put em out fast almost everyone in fuel funny car racing would use his stuff....He is the master....

I know that stuff, but he replaced a Murf car with a Murf car and worked with Murf on the safety upgrades after Eric's accident. I don't recall him having a Plueger car for quite some time. Been over a week now and nothing from the Force camp on what happened. Seems like other teams would like to know if they also have a problem. Or are they all aware of a problem and not sure what to do about it?

I know that stuff, but he replaced a Murf car with a Murf car and worked with Murf on the safety upgrades after Eric's accident. I don't recall him having a Plueger car for quite some time. Been over a week now and nothing from the Force camp on what happened. Seems like other teams would like to know if they also have a problem. Or are they all aware of a problem and not sure what to do about it?

The real question is, has the NHRA released the car to JFR and the E.M.P.?

Yeah....remember this is the guy(Burke) who said on National TV on CBS This Morning that...."I've been around this sport for 30 years..and Troy Critchley was TRYING to drive that car into the pole":eek::eek::eek:

Please tell me that you just made a few errors in your post... Wow :eek: I missed that one Burke is a dead set clown!

sorry - worked a lot this week didnt realize the horse died

That's funny. Check out the 300+ post "Did Force and KB Crash?" thread for the entire discussion of what flying pieces hit what. Some of the Maters did a good analysis and even provided 'optical data'.

Yes. Personally, I have no problem with people criticizing what Jeff says or writes. He's an opinionated journalist and sometimes he's right and sometimes he's wrong and people are certainly welcome (and encouraged) to respond to that.

But calling him names or saying DRO is "always" wrong reminds me of people who complain that the weatherman never gets it right. As anyone who's made their living outdoors on a daily basis can tell you, local forecasts are typically quite accurate. It's just when it rains on your picnic you remember and decide the weatherman is a clown.

Thanks for getting it, Angelo.

Ian

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back