Mopar Super Stock Hemi Challenge (1 Viewer)

Thank you for the compliment. We aren't coming out this year for a few reasons, mostly health-related. My Dad (Harry Holton) has been sick since last fall and is just now getting back to the shop to work on a regular basis. In addition, Bob Jenkins (Jerry's dad) was involved in a bad auto accident the day after Christmas and is still recuperating. His other son, and Jerry's business partner, is recuperating from kidney cancer so Jerry is running the family business. Our personal lives have taken over our racing lives this year.

For what it's worth, my money is on Bucky this year.
Sorry to hear about your Dad Julie, I am a big fan. I just read about his old "Hemi Countdown" 65 Belvedere in the new issue of Mopar Action. Great story about an awesome car!

I asked the same question and Julie Jordan sent me this message

"The Mopar Hemi Shootout will be contested Friday, August 31 during SS eliminations. First round is usually around 8:30-9AM. "

Can wait to hear those big Elephants roar!

Thursday schedule shows the Challenge [@28 cars] running after the first round of SG eliminations [@160 cars] and the first round of Super Stock Class Eliminations [@ 152 cars]. Best guess is after 10:00 - 10:30am local time, barring any unplanned delays :p

8.72 from the LA Boys! I think thats gotta be there fastest. I havent seen them run but 80's before. I'm sure there pumped.

Yea, I wish I could have seen Big Joe when that number came up. Also J. Allen Sherman is running out of the Southland camp. I think Lil Joe is running Westcott heads and intake, not sure what Sherman is running, maybe MCH intake and heads.
Bucky and Houser are looking pretty good right now.
Man I wish I was there

Teuton 8.76 WIN
Hess 10.14 slept on the tree bad

Howser 8.68 WIN
Larry Woo

Westcott Jr no show hurt car last round
Westcott sr no show hurt car last round

Jim Pancake 8.78 (gets the bye nect round)
Henson red light

I was pulling for Fred Henson. My dad's best friend does alot of work on Fred's cars and built his stocker thats the national record holder, his 70 Challenger. Its been high 9's, here's a photo link to both the 68 Dart and the 70 Challenger.

Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com
Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com

I was hoping he could pull it off b/c that'd been an automatic final since both Westcotts are out. I think Houser has it in hand though. I hope Teuton can pull it off but we will see.

Teuton redlight 8.74
Howser close to the wall 8.68

Pancake bye lifted at 1000'

According to both Drag Race Central and NHRA results (same supplier of info) it was Hess that redlit...Teuton into the finals against Pancake who singled in the semis.

For all who remember....GO GATOR RAIDER!

DMaC

Doggone it anyway....was looking forward to hearing about Big Joe doing the victory dance on the line. Oh well, nice job anyway. Gonna have to take up the discrepancy with Rick G. and Larry S. of FastNews.

My best to your Dad and hope all is improving daily.

DMaC

We had some data feed problems with the third round of the Mopar Hemi Challenge - somehow picked up the first pair from the third round instead of the fourth. It has been corrected - Houser and Pancake will race for the trophy and those valuable Mopar bucks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back