Mopar News (1 Viewer)

This is going to drive up the costs of gas powered used ones significantly. And nobody is going to buy this crap.
The people getting fat deposites in offshore accounts from kickbacks from the government programs, funding out of our taxes don’t care if they sell or not ( politicians big 3 car company’s) it all about stealing or tax dollars !

One thing nobody has mentioned is there's another reason the car companies have sold their soul to all-electric: they've caved to government pressure. Both from an ideological point of view (the CO2 boogeyman) and a practical one. Emissions standards are only going to get harder to meet with an ICE, so they can bypass that problem (and cost) completely by going electric. It doesn't matter if the net carbon footprint is as great or greater - without a tailpipe they can claim (falsely) "Zero Emissions" to please the green mafia; and the cost reductions fatten the bottom line to please the shareholders. Meanhwile the emissions are transferred to coming from coal-burning power plants while profits soar and taxpayer-funded government subsidies pour in.

I think I'll change my sig to "They can take my SRT8 when they pry the key fob from my cold dead hands." hahaha

Last edited:
They already sell vehicles without a spare tire to save weight so that the manufacturers can meet the strict EPA fuel mileage requirements. Remember way back when they sold trucks without a rear bumper?

One big problem (for me) is that electrics tend to catch fire. "Park your car outside of the garage....." Lithium batteries seem to be at fault. Ever see those "hover boards" and the kid is riding down the sidewalk & it catches on fire. Arghhhhhh

They already sell vehicles without a spare tire to save weight so that the manufacturers can meet the strict EPA fuel mileage requirements. Remember way back when they sold trucks without a rear bumper?
i wasn’t told about no spare until I couldn’t find one, replaced with flat tire spray 😒

Here's another thing to think about. How many times have we pulled into a gas station and had to wait a few minutes for the car in front to fill up.
Now if it's an electric vehicle your gonna wait 20-60 minutes just to get the available charging thing plus you will spend whatever time for your car to charge.
NO THANKS

good point harry. i still don't think they're that close for battery longevity in cold weather climates either. it's -5 here today, and the sun is out.

There is a huge problem with home charging a vehicle here. SCE gives you what is called a Life Line allotment as well as higher charges for those times when demand is highest. Once you go over that the cost goes up exponentially the more you use. At that rate of $5.00 per gallon it isn’t as bad as it seems. Also: If you don’t have at least a 200 amp service you are in for a big installation fee and a long wait for them to get to you. Those who have above ground wiring are in better shape than those who have below ground because the wiring has to be upgraded as well as the service. Half of the Wind Generators around here (there are zillions) are already sitting idle with oil running out of the cover because they over sped or got out of balance and killed themselves. Now we will have to tell the kids and grandkids “No TV tonight Dad (Grandpa) has to charge the Race Car to go racing tomorrow”😁.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back