MOPAR FOLKS, a 'lil help please... (1 Viewer)

For this to be a real down to earth factory hot rod it should be designed as a two door coupe. I don't understand the marketing, they could still have a four door model if thats what the consumer would want but please if your gonna go this far go all out. Just my opinion of course

To have a door car run low 11's high 10's, i'm thinkin $25,000. Then a truck to tow it, another $25,000. Then a trailer, $5,000 or $10,000.
Then you still need a daily driver, (cause you don't want to drive the gas hog truck all day), another $25,000. Then you need insurance on all 4.
Also you can only enjoy your race car 10 Seconds at a time, with only one friend. The CHARGER, you can enjoy with 4 friends, all day.

So you see, with the CHARGER HELLCAT, you don't need the trailer, or the tow truck, or the second car. So it really is QUITE a bargin.

(at least thats the speech I'm practicing for my wife.......:rolleyes::D:p;)

Your logic is flawless! It has to work. :D

For this to be a real down to earth factory hot rod it should be designed as a two door coupe. I don't understand the marketing, they could still have a four door model if thats what the consumer would want but please if your gonna go this far go all out. Just my opinion of course

Well, the Challenger Hellcat did come first. It makes sense to develop a Charger Hellcat too, it amortizes the costs associated with development and marketing over both vehicles, keeping the price somewhat down and allowing the opportunity to sell more vehicles.

If ya prefer 2-drs then get the CHALLENGER Hellcat. Just a tad slower, but cheaper too. Just give me a ride what ever one you pick.
OH man I got it BAD for this car!!!!!!!

Oh Santa.....

Harry, we Americans seem to be the only ones with the two-door fixation for hot rods. I'm getting a kick out of watching the Australian drag racing on Mav TV, but it's neat to see 4 door cars in their versions of Super Street, and Gas. And the 4 door pro mods also. Performance cars have been 4 doors all over the world except here....we just have a fixation about a 4 door not going fast..(or maybe its.....gasp...AGE?)

Dodge has already stated that they will not build another 2 door to compete against a car that they already have in today's market place. Under the skin, Charger is essentially the exact same car as the Challenger, just with 4 doors. Apparently someone is interested in a 4 door hot rod as Dodge sells almost twice as many Chargers as they do Challengers.

I just find it hard to except a 4door car as a hot rod. /QUOTE]

2 dr -3 dr - 4dr - 5dr, or no doors, for me if it's quick, it's quick. Remember the "TAXI" Like above, for the 2dr lover there is the CHALLENGER.
I would prefer the family friendly large 4dr. CHARGER, To me it's a luxurey / racecar / daily driver, all in one, with a factory warrenty.
(now if I could only afford one...)

Paul, here's my Christmas wish.

Santa, I want the Drag Car finished as street legal car with Hellcat option. PLEASE

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back