MOPAR FOLKS, a 'lil help please... (1 Viewer)

You can preset launch rpm's, etc. For your launches. The Mustang one is kind of stupid, in that its a line lock (front brakes), and Ford states if used on a track, it voids your warranty. So basically its there to do burnouts on the street?

I got to ride in a Hellcat Challenger last Saturday, those things are stupid fast for a street car. I can see a lot of people driving over their heads in these things and getting hurt. They come with an SRT driving class. They should make it mandatory before they give out the red key fob.

I would have thought the Charger would be a 2 door. I could see Highway Patrol getting these cars.

I got to ride in a Hellcat Challenger last Saturday, those things are stupid fast for a street car. I can see a lot of people driving over their heads in these things and getting hurt. They come with an SRT driving class. They should make it mandatory before they give out the red key fob.

Lance, you lucky duck, tell us more. Did he go from a dead stop for you ?? was it in 500hp mode or 700hp mode??

What happen to the days show a lot of interest to salesman and he gets the keys so you could test drive the car. Those were the days.

What happen to the days show a lot of interest to salesman and he gets the keys so you could test drive the car. Those were the days.
Hahaha… yeah, I gave a used car salesman the ride of his life. I test drove an AAR ‘Cuda in 1975 that had been warmed over with a nice cam, headers, 4.56 gears(!) oversize rear tires, and a Mr. Gasket Vertical Gate shifter. The salesman didn’t know how to shift the Vertigate, so I drove. There was a long straightaway near the dealership in a little-traveled industrial park, and as I was powershifting through the gears and that 6-pack kicked in, I thought he was going to crap his pants. I bought the car immediately!:D

But back to the Hellcat... I heard a Hellcat Charger is faster than Z06 Vette... can't verify, but would certainly get some Vette guy's attention when a 4-door family car can hang with him!

When my wife bought her Cad CTS-V, they let her drive it first. She raced a ricer with the salesman in the car. I think they look at your credit score and decide if you could, in fact, buy the car.

The Challenger Hellcat went 10:85, - 128mph but that http://www.chevycorvette.com/2015-corvette-z06as with Drag Radials. 11:2 with factory tires. the Charger went 11:eek: on factory tires.
Heres what I found on the ZO6, but no details on tires.
http://www.chevycorvette.com/2015-corvette-z06

They're all pretty amazing... It took a LOT of work to get a car into the 10s back in the day. Even with a lot of the muscle cars. Now you just drive it from your dealer to the strip and let 'er rip! :cool:

To have a door car run low 11's high 10's, i'm thinkin $25,000. Then a truck to tow it, another $25,000. Then a trailer, $5,000 or $10,000.
Then you still need a daily driver, (cause you don't want to drive the gas hog truck all day), another $25,000. Then you need insurance on all 4.
Also you can only enjoy your race car 10 Seconds at a time, with only one friend. The CHARGER, you can enjoy with 4 friends, all day.

So you see, with the CHARGER HELLCAT, you don't need the trailer, or the tow truck, or the second car. So it really is QUITE a bargin.

(at least thats the speech I'm practicing for my wife.......:rolleyes::D:p;)

Hahaha… yeah, I gave a used car salesman the ride of his life. I test drove an AAR ‘Cuda in 1975 that had been warmed over with a nice cam, headers, 4.56 gears(!) oversize rear tires, and a Mr. Gasket Vertical Gate shifter. The salesman didn’t know how to shift the Vertigate, so I drove. There was a long straightaway near the dealership in a little-traveled industrial park, and as I was powershifting through the gears and that 6-pack kicked in, I thought he was going to crap his pants. I bought the car immediately!:D

I had a similar experience when I test-drove a '65 vette in '85. As I was going through the gears the salesman exclaimed, "I hope you're going to buy it!" and I responded, "I ain't if it don't go!" I drove it home. But compared to a Hellcat it'd be pedestrian. Maybe even comatose.

Lance, you lucky duck, tell us more. Did he go from a dead stop for you ?? was it in 500hp mode or 700hp mode??
Lucky is not the word.

www.dodgerocksgasmonkey.com

I've been to car events all of my life, and this was by far one of the best EVER. You had to drive a Mopar to the event, had to submit pictures and $100 to even be accepted, limited to 850 cars. Once you got there, they gave you the $100 entry fee back, and later in the evening a free private concert with Motley Crue.

They set up a short drag strip where they basically could get the Hellcats up to about 100 mph. driven by the SRT driving coaches, and yes, they were full 700hp. Like I wrote earlier, the Hellcats are pretty much stupid fast for a street car. They also had a drift course set up with Vipers.

If you watch the show, then you know Gas Monkey only deals in cash. I cracked up when I saw this, it's how they refunded our entry fees, $85,000 in one dollar bills out of a customized Gas Monkey armored truck!
DSCN2702.jpg

The Hellcat Charger, is an extremely nice car. However, if you're not up for that price tag, this is an amazing deal on the new 2015 Scat Pack model, 485HP, low 12's off the showroom, and $20,000 less than the Hellcat.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/dodge/2015-dodge-charger-r-t-scat-pack-ar166041.html

DSCN2805.jpg

DSCN2812.jpg

The Crue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peMOJJkDjLQ&feature=youtu.be

Our Thrill Rides:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRfXJVYKzLM&feature=youtu.be

Here’s another one that shows how huge the event was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xsfMvHisOU

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back