Mono Wing "Will We Ever See It In Competition" (1 Viewer)

Greg

Nitro Member
What has happened to Rod Fuller's Mono Wing car, is it not running because he is leading the points or has NHRA done it again (Pulled the pin) or is it because he does not have a major sponsor on the car which may be the reason. Has it run any Quick times and Speeds to match the normal winged cars in testing.

Cheers Greg

GOD SPEED Eric Medlen

What has happened to Rod Fuller's Mono Wing car, is it not running because he is leading the points or has NHRA done it again (Pulled the pin) or is it because he does not have a major sponsor on the car which may be the reason. Has it run any Quick times and Speeds to match the normal winged cars in testing.Cheers Greg GOD SPEED Eric Medlen

Greg - I think the wing is now legal, but you have raised some interesting issues with the DPM (did I get that right?) team. Hot Rod gains points and still remains in first place while driving the wheels off the white "Refrigerator" and the team can't attract a major sponsor!
The entire sponsorship issue is not good. Yates apparently will be gone after Atlanta barring a last minute infusion and many other teams appear to be running out of their own pockets. I don't what NHRA can do - there is only so much money availble for purses (the first place money for the winning fuel team at a race probably doesn't come close to what it costs to make eight runs in a weekend).
Looks like things are continuing downhill with very little hope on the horizon. You have to salute all of those racers who are sacrificing everything to live their dream. A sad time for our sport. As usual, JMHO

Jim,
I seem to remember the same things said around 70 or so... I also seem to remember the "Southern California Funny Car Owners and Drivers Association"
Some off the teams are still racing in TA/FC... and if I remember right, you couldn't put butts in the seats for a 32 car AA/FD show without floppers by 71 and there was even talk that the class was "dead"...

Did Jim Tice have the right Idea of buying in 10 cars... and is the NHRA screwing up by not Booking in their Shows and getting out of the "Evil Landowner" mode...

Im sure they are leaving it the way it is,why not there no 1 so prolly dont want to make any changes now? As for Yates I sure hope he can find something and race the entire year!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back