Mohegan Sun team headed across the country (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Plainfield, CT – The team tractor trailer, driven by race team supervisor John Cardoza, has made the long trek from Connecticut to California. The team is racing this weekend in the Nitro Coupe class at the Super Chevy show in Fontana, CA.

Not only is this the first time for Paul Athey and his team to race in California, it is also the first time Paul will be driving the team Pro Mod again since nearly losing his foot in a motorcycle accident last summer. After a long, nearly 10 months of rehab and physical therapy, Paul is excited to get back in the seat.

“We made good strides with our program last year, even with me getting sidelined”, states Paul Athey. “It was a tough year, but we kept on racing with friends Scott Filkins and Steve Salvadore helping out driving for me. We are really looking forward to getting back on the track with me in the car this weekend and mixing it up with these fast West Coast guys. There will be new challenges for us over the next two weekends as we have never run in the type of dry air we are expecting to see. It will be fun! From a personal standpoint, it could always be worse. We are fortunate to still be able to do what we love and we intend to keep racing as long as we can.”
The team plans on competing at the Super Chevy race next weekend, April 4-5. Then the team gets to go home for a short break. The team will be running the majority of Super Chevy races this year along with the majority of Northeast Outlaw Pro Mod races and other match races and outlaw events.

Please visit the team’s website at: Welcome to Red Eagle Racing

Paul Athey and Red Eagle Racing would also like to thank the following partners: Mohegan Sun, West Coast Choppers, Salvadore Auto, Webber Engineering, Red Line Oil, Moroso, VP Race Fuels, Computech Transmissions, Fragola Perfomance Systems and FK Bearings. Please visit www.mohegansun.com for more information on Mohegan Sun, a world at play.

Attachments

• normal_DSC03228.jpg
    normal_DSC03228.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 17
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back