Mile High Nationals might not happen in 2020 (1 Viewer)

Huh. Maybe if they fine them big or something like that... Bandimere will use that to their advantage and consider it as catalyst for relocating the track out of the city and county all together. It’s been kicked around for a long time. Sure would be nice for them to get connected to city water, real restrooms. Weld county would be a great option.

Huh. Maybe if they fine them big or something like that... Bandimere will use that to their advantage and consider it as catalyst for relocating the track out of the city andcounty all together. It’s been kicked around for a long time. Sure would be nice for them to get connected to city water, real restrooms. Weld county would be a great option.
Huh. Maybe if they fine them big or something like that... Bandimere will use that to their advantage and consider it as catalyst for relocating the track out of the city and county all together. It’s been kicked around for a long time. Sure would be nice for them to get connected to city water, real restrooms. Weld county would be a great option.
I hope they don’t move, I love Bandimere it was the first track I went to and it wouldn’t be the same “Mile-High Nationals” If they moved the track. I thought I heard a couple years ago that the city didn’t want them to move and they liked having them there.

Last edited:

They tried to move on a few times with the first being sabotaged by a group from the Pikes Peak track. Bandimere would only move if it were part of a multi facility like Vegas. A few groups have tried to get votes but failed every time so unless they can purchase the land with water rights I don't see it happening anytime soon.

How many 1/4 mile drag racing tracks have been built in the last 20 years? Very few. While it would be great to have a new state of the art facility, the likelihood of that happened is pretty slim. Outside of this event, the Bandimere family is highly regarded in the community and usually has the support of the local government. This is nothing more than a bump in the road long term but I doubt they have any large gatherings the rest of 2020.

Yeah, the facts don’t really support it; but damn they’re not making a lot of friends right about now with the county. It’s disheartening on some ways because they do, and have done, quite a bit in the community - Colorado State Patrol Take It to the Track, Race to Read, and so on. With Pikes Peak Raceway more or less out of the picture and the a Denver Grand Prix deader than a doornail..... NHRA is almost the only major auto sport anywhere between Phoenix, Vegas, Bristol and Brainerd. Sure there’s much tradition at Bandimere, but it could - in a perfect world - be moved. But in reality, Yes, this isn’t the time.

How many 1/4 mile drag racing tracks have been built in the last 20 years? Very few. While it would be great to have a new state of the art facility, the likelihood of that happened is pretty slim. Outside of this event, the Bandimere family is highly regarded in the community and usually has the support of the local government. This is nothing more than a bump in the road long term but I doubt they have any large gatherings the rest of 2020.
I thought this was a state of the art facility !

It's funny how the county is filing a lawsuit on the track for violation, but across the highway at Bear Creek Lake, the beach and camping ground is overflowing with people. The local golf course down the way has 3 groups in line at the tee box. I race there quite often, and the Bandimere's have taken great steps to make sure everyone is safe. On-line ticketing, tech lines, announcements, etc....

I thought this was a state of the art facility !
I love Bandimere. However it doesn’t compare to LV or Charlotte. It might have the best setting in all of drag racing but the lack of running water is a negative.

It's funny how the county is filing a lawsuit on the track for violation, but across the highway at Bear Creek Lake, the beach and camping ground is overflowing with people. The local golf course down the way has 3 groups in line at the tee box. I race there quite often, and the Bandimere's have taken great steps to make sure everyone is safe. On-line ticketing, tech lines, announcements, etc....
I think Bandimere should schedule a large protest on August 7-9th. Protest tickets are around $50 each and parking is $15. Everyone knows COVID-19 can not be spread at large scale protests.

Bandimere was allowed 4500 people for the event because of the large size of the facility. If they are held to that number for the mile high nationals it could still be possible to hold the event. Not sure how they would determine who would be allowed in. I believe the Bandimere defense will be they were unable to get fans to social distance. Not much different than any grocery store, Home Depot etc.

what about the fee to the nhra by each track that hosts a nat. event? i don't understand how any of the privately owned facilities are gonna' make it this year.
i can't imagine losing your biggest events/s, or possibly hosting them with a fraction of normal cash flow. bruton's company maybe will be ok. others? i don't think so much.

Stop the politics. I don’t mind conversations about COVID, with political commentary. Tough times call for discussion about what’s going on. But the last couple of posts with political comments were inflammatory.

Whether it's Bandimere or any other event that usually has crowds if the COVID guidelines are not followed more people are going to get the virus resulting in prolonging when things can get back to normal.

Last edited:
Here is an update on the hearing. The lawyer is going to argue over the 1st and 14th amendments. If for some reason the county loses then Bandimere should be held accountable for anyone getting the virus who attended the race? Either way you slice it this could turn out ugly.

If you decide to attend the race you are assuming any and all risks. Should you get sick, it's on you. It's called personal responsibility. Nobody is forcing you to attend the race.
If you're afraid of getting sick, the answer is simple: DON'T GO!
But, good grief, we cannot keep the country shut down.

No decision will be made by the judge until next week. The county said they are not trying to shut down Bandimere but only hold them to the social distancing standards as other businesses.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back