Mike's FC getting ready to roll across @ Barrett Jackson (1 Viewer)

I'm sure that they will get it on in the next half hour. They are skipping some cars and they just did a quick look at the car.

Hope it does real well.

Wow, that was crap. Man, I would have found a way to buy that had I know it would have gone that cheap.

And what's up with Stewart and Goldberg signing the car?

I feel bad for Mike and everyone involved cause that funny car should have drawn more money than that...Just goes to show what a niche market drag racing really is...

And what's up with Stewart and Goldberg signing the car?

They were just trying to pump the price up!!! The car hobby is hurting just like the rest of the US economy.
Can you say "recession"?!?!

At least every penny of that 130 thou goes to the foundation.

I believe that only 2 vehicles have gone for over $1 million which is way down from last year.

:(

Thanks everyone who helped this cause. Don't be disappointed. 130k is not bad. It all 100% goes to the Charity and the car has been on display and the charity got in excess of 500k already in donations because of the exposure.

Remember, Tony Stewarts car only went for 300k We're getting there as a sport, although I agree it's to slow. Thanks to everyone for all of the support and kind words. Love to all the Faulkners, even the future ones! Evan, Jim and everyone who worked hard to make a difference in so many lives moving forward. GD Bless... :)

Expect to win,

Mike Ashley

Made it on TV....$130,000?????? I was hoping for at least a 1/4 million.....

Hey, good to see "SMOKE" and Goldburg getting behind this effort....

Congrats to the Mike Ashley, Gotham City Racing, Torco Racing Fuel and the Faulkner family for bringing awareness to someone who knew nothing about The Eric Blake Faulkner Foundation, and the St. Vincent Parinatal Berevement Program......(ME!), and Thousand's MORE!!! That's what really matters!

I was hoping to see it go for more but $130,000 isn't chicken scratch either, I'm sure most of the people there aren't dragracing fans, there mainly classic car collectors and they have their own world just like we do, it was neat to Tony S, and Goldberg autographing the car, and working the crowd to get it to bring more money.

In all good job to Mike, Evan, and everyone else involved.

I thought $130,000 was pretty good considering the Dyno Don and Warren Johnson cars brought in less than $100,000 apiece.They were both in running condition,the Mike Ashley car was the Indy body on a show chassis and motor I believe.

Okay, okay, I admit it was nice to see Stewart and Goldberg trying to help the bidding, but I guess I am just a purist and those guys aren't drag racers.

I haven't watched Barrett-Jackson very often, but it seems Drag racing related cars don't fetch nearly as much as you would think. Must be a street crowd.

I don't want to turn this into a "oh, boo hoo; nobody cares about NHRA" thread, but I myself was a little surprised there wasn't atleast a mention of John Force Racing while they were interviewing Ford's Director of Racing on camera. (I think that's his title). He seemed like a nice guy. Talked about NASCAR & a couple other series, and I guess thay had a huge display there. Ida' thunk one of those nitro Mustang's woulda been involved.

Chris, I noticed that too. With all the money they spend with Force, and now with Tasca, it would seem worthy of a mention. Regarding Mike's FC selling for only 130K, I was kind of bummed too, but remember, this is literally a car that will just be kept in a garage or display or something. All the sales were down this year, and most of the cars sold can be driven and enjoyed, so the FC, especially being a show car, is really more like a piece of art. So really, 130 wasn't too awful bad.

I had a car there and it sold for more than we expected...61 Vette--85K..
The F/C was rumored to go for no more than 100k, so the 130k brought smiles to all parties involved..You have to look @ demand--how many people in the world dream of owning a nitro fuel car compared to some who dreamed of owning a 60's muscle car..
The legal parties that were assigned to BJ stated that final sale prices were up...
Next show we will have another 61 Vette and a 74 Vega/jenkins pro-ptock car..
One thing I know from my end is that we have enjoyed a bigger payday thru BJ than any other selling group...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back