Mike Salinas testing (1 Viewer)

Chili

Nitro Member
So Mike Salinas is doing some testing for NHRA today. Kind of odd timing with the countdown starting this weekend. This was posted on twitter.

Attachments

• 3CF5D73F-4340-432C-99FB-EC0070CCE78C.png
    3CF5D73F-4340-432C-99FB-EC0070CCE78C.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 177
Well... being solidly in the field and doing something important for the sport in which his family is and will be says volumes about the man.
And having a crew chief like, what's his name 😉, he is in good shape.

Ok, but what does he get in return?

That's gotta be costing him X amount of dollars.

Data is king...
Just think about this way, people talk about how great a racer Don Garlits is. He tried new things and learned.
He is a innovator.
Not saying that Mike is a Garlits, but only time will tell.

They agreed to forfeit their 2 remaining qualifying runs and "you will see a 'DQ' for our runs"...Well apparently this was not the case, as his last qualifying run moved him up in the qualifying ladder. Or did he make a couple of solo runs outside of the qualifying sessions? I am confused here.

I’m saw that they still have the 3.693. Maybe something changed and they opted not to do it.

If it was a new part for safety, then maybe didn’t affect the performance.

...or AJ is brilliant 🙂

AJ designed a new part and submitted it for approval (Just as you must do with any new part). It is not for better performance, it is designed to prevent damage that many teams are dealing with now. It essentially strengthens a weak area. It is my understanding that he also shared what he was doing with JFR, DSR, Kalitta, Torrance and others.

NHRA wanted to see it tested, but instead of spending a pile of money to rent a track etc for testing. AJ offered to forgo any little points or position improvement if he could run it in Q3. They agreed. If they had improved on that run, or run quick enough to be awarded 3-2-1- points the run would be DQed. They set up the car to run good enough for the test, but not good enough to have the run DQed. Scrappers put out the social media note so if they did get the run DQed, it wouldn't look like they were up to something sneaky or had been caught doing something wrong.

It is also my Understanding that when the part is approved (if it is approved) the other teams will either be installing them or making their own as it it a cost saving improvement, not a performance improvement.

Alan

cost savings improvement. the nitro categories have never heard 3 better words in a row.

Data is king...
Just think about this way, people talk about how great a racer Don Garlits is. He tried new things and learned.
He is a innovator.
Not saying that Mike is a Garlits, but only time will tell.
It's a part developed and made by AJPE, not Mike. It was nice to see Mike willing to forego a qualifying run so NHRA could determine if the part was acceptable or not. Hats off to Alan for working on developement of parts that can make running fuel cars safer and cheaper

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back