Mike Austin goes over the wall in his TAD (1 Viewer)

That is one horrific accident. Mike is a budget racer and this crash would be financially hard for anyone to bounce back from. Thank goodness he's OK and I wish him the best.

What sequence of events caused that to happen!? :eek:

According to the audiocast commentary - he had some shake, got loose and started to make a move into Whitely's lane, as he tried to steer it back away from Whitely's lane it got up against the wall and went over.

I'm glad Mike is safe and sound. It could have been a lot worse.

407906_10150594303002048_187537542047_9090261_899616661_n.jpg

Glad he is ok... But....Noticing where he stopped was realy scarey to me.... little bit farther are several steel poles in the ground .. begining of the fence for the shut down wall on the right side... so glad he did not get into those... seen that efect in oval racing.....

You should see Mark Rebilas' photo of it. The angle makes it look like it was in the stands and I did a serious double take.

Myself and a bunch of maters were sitting together at about 800'. It happened right in front of us. One of the scariest things I have ever seen.
It happened like in slow motion. We were scared and held our collective breaths. This is on YT:

[vbtube]rtWKdfr-cGM[/vbtube]

Glad the driver was ok!!!!

Last edited:
You should see Mark Rebilas' photo of it. The angle makes it look like it was in the stands and I did a serious double take.

It was ugly and we talked about that; if had been in the left lane and come over the left wall he would have been into the fence standers.

Myself and a bunch of maters were sitting together at about 800'. It happened right in front of us. One of the scariest things I have ever seen.
It happened like in slow motion. We were scared and held our collective breaths. This is on YT:

[vbtube]rtWKdfr-cGM[/vbtube]

Glad the driver was ok!!!!

You can see us huddled in the stands at the begiining of the video.

S/F
D

It was ugly and we talked about that; if had been in the left lane and come over the left wall he would have been into the fence standers.

I saw the video clip. There is so much that could have happened, but didn't. Stay safe, Chikako might not forgive us if we got you hurt. :)

I saw the video clip. There is so much that could have happened, but didn't. Stay safe, Chikako might not forgive us if we got you hurt. :)

Well I survived a chilly weekend and got to hang out with Greg, Mark, Paul and Paul, also bumped into Marketing Mark.

S/F
D

That is one horrific accident. Mike is a budget racer and this crash would be financially hard for anyone to bounce back from. Thank goodness he's OK and I wish him the best.

Rich, I heard a bunch of racers have offered chassis' and other parts to help him out should he want to come back!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back