mike ashley quote on Competition Plus (1 Viewer)

HDP is not buying the NHRA just the pro series. NHRA will still be the sanctioning body and control rules and conditions races are run.

SFI is a joke for chassis specs. What do we get for our chassis cert fees? Any actual testing or just opinions from the chassis group? They are only recommendations and accept no responsibility to any outcome. Why do we have to pay twice to have our chassis checked to the same spec?

The spec is copyrighted but from the cover of the 25.4 book it basically says it is advisory only and they don't accept responsibility for following the spec and that there is no agreements with any organizations to be guided by it..

Maybe this is just a stupid thought, but here is one:
If I want to get an SFI cert for a bellhousing, I need to send my bellhousing off to them with their fee and they fracture it/blow it up/whatever they call it. If it passes, then I get SFI approval. Every single SFI piece gets tested from fire retardence, explosion resistance, etc.
Are the new chassis specs getting fully tested before the new SFI cert is issued? If not, why the discrepancy?

When did HDP buy NHRA? I know they have made a proposal, but the sale has not went thru.

There's a long way to go before this deal is done. We'll have an in-depth article coming along soon that follows the same investigative caliber as the Tubular Tales article that Jon Asher wrote. Expect a Tubular Tales, Part 2 in the near future. -- Bobby

When did HDP buy NHRA? I know they have made a proposal, but the sale has not went thru.

There's a long way to go before this deal is done. We'll have an in-depth article coming along soon that follows the same investigative caliber as the Tubular Tales article that Jon Asher wrote. Expect a Tubular Tales, Part 2 in the near future. -- Bobby

Thanks Bobby...
check ya 4 times a day... when I get up in the morning, at lunch, when I get home from work, before I go to bed...

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back