mike ashley quote on Competition Plus (1 Viewer)

ex-nsp

Nitro Member
I'm surprised that Mike's comments about feeling abandoned by the powers that be and what he and crew are doing about it has not been commented upon.

I am not an NHRA basher, but Ashley in his release indicated that he's had no guidance as to what to do in the future with his chassis program and has initated- I'm assuming out of pocket, a destructive testing program on his 2007 chassis and how his near-future chassis will be configured.

Nobody seems to know what's going on.

You can't blame SFI in that they DON'T generate what the spec should be but merely publish what a (SO-CALLED) expert panel has proposed.

I have to again wonder what HD Partners thinks - if they are aware of comments by people like Ashley at all - about the racing organization they are about to take on responsibility for moving forward with.Do they wonder bout the spinless, seemingly non existent posture that NHRA has taken regards the chassis crisis and how it will affect their posture in the future as far as confidence by the pro racers in HD partners/nee NHRA?

I'm surprised that Mike's comments about feeling abandoned by the powers that be and what he and crew are doing about it has not been commented upon.I am not an NHRA basher, but Ashley in his release indicated that he's had no guidance as to what to do in the future with his chassis program and has initated- I'm assuming out of pocket, a destructive testing program on his 2007 chassis and how his near-future chassis will be configured.Nobody seems to know what's going on.You can't blame SFI in that they DON'T generate what the spec should be but merely publish what a (SO-CALLED) expert panel has proposed.

I have to again wonder what HD Partners thinks - if they are aware of comments by people like Ashley at all - about the racing organization they are about to take on responsibility for moving forward with.Do they wonder bout the spinless, seemingly non existent posture that NHRA has taken regards the chassis crisis and how it will affect their posture in the future as far as confidence by the pro racers in HD partners/nee NHRA?

Norm - I'll comment! You are RIGHT ON with all of your observations. The most disturbing part of this is that NO ONE knows what is going on.
No news on what HD Partners are going to do and no FC chassis specs. Hard to understand how NHRA expects to grow the sport when teams can't tell potential sponsors what to expect in returm for their investment.

I know, I know, we are nobodies around the chassis world and we have no say in this discussion but SFI told us we would be waiting weeks before they would ship our new Funny Car specs out so we could begin to do what we have already been told by the experts we know nothing about. If they won't ship our specs out for a couple weeks, wouldn't it be the same for everyone? Just a complete nobody asking what seems like a fair question?

I suspect this will get real ugly before it's all over?

Maybe NHRA is awaiting (sitting on a** ) for John Force Racing to present what they have built and tested. Seems people are over concerned about about the way this chassis broke. ( maybe the only one I ever seen break there.) When you have a chute pulling at the rear crossmember and a shredded tire turning 2,000 rpm reaching up and grabbing the wing strut,at the same time, anything is possible. I'd have to say that when a tire is shredding like that, it has to be more violent than a tire shake situation.

Only 8 weeks till the 2008 season starts, if mandatory changes are to be made, these teams need an answer NOW!

How many other chassis have broken this way during 2007 ? 2006?, 2005?, 2004?

See ya'll in Gainesville "wahoo"

it seems that hd partners are just corporate bean counters and know nothing and can care less about our sport! since them buying the NHRA it has gotten worse and sponsors are dropping like flies :mad: i wish mr bruton or mr knoll had boughten the NHRA. :(

I agree with what has been said, the silence is deafening...... But what did you really expect? If you look back and make an honest judgment about how NHRA has reacted to other issues then this should not surprise you.

BTW: Just a thought but if you look at the language in the TF specs, if that is not CYOA talk I don't know what is.

As for the HD people, these guys are businessmen and I am sure that they are aware but the reason for a NON action or quote or whatever I think is more based on the fact the deal is not a done thing. Until all the papers are signed and the check clears.

jim

it seems that hd partners are just corporate bean counters and know nothing and can care less about our sport! since them buying the NHRA it has gotten worse and sponsors are dropping like flies :mad: i wish mr bruton or mr knoll had boughten the NHRA. :(

Why the devil does ANYONE have to wait 'til HD "takes over". There is a staff in Glendora that was there BEFORE and will be there AFTER all the "legal stuff" gets done.

Oh geez, maybe THAT'S the problem. ('Course we've all seen those sweet documents. - TC <and others> make out whether NHRA is better or not. Instant Millionaires regardless of their performance).

If Bruton Smith is, in fact, behind this whole shill sale, I wish he'd strongly assert himself sooner than later.

Nero is fiddling while Rome burns.:confused:

An independent fuel funny car racer in Pomona (yes there are a few part timers left) told me that most of them would go out of business if their chassis suddenly became obsolete. One that was considering quitting had three chassis and was racing full time.

You can't blame SFI in that they DON'T generate what the spec should be but merely publish what a (SO-CALLED) expert panel has proposed.
Actually, they DO generate the spec and are legally bound by it, and, the "experts" are from the SFI committee.

I would think NHRA is just as frustrated as everyone else for SFI not re-writing the spec in a timely matter, and, I would think that SFI has added lawyers to their panel of "experts" which would contribute to longer spec reviews.

Personally, I would like to see changes in the committee membership, no committee should be a rubber-stamp for only one particular view.

My question is if you know that there is a potentially life-threatening chassis weakness, why would you dilly-dally? Besides the moral reasoning behind wanting to get to the bottom of it, wouldn't it be negligent legally NOT to?

My question is if you know that there is a potentially life-threatening chassis weakness, why would you dilly-dally? Besides the moral reasoning behind wanting to get to the bottom of it, wouldn't it be negligent legally NOT to?
Sorry Erica, but that makes too much sense.

In the future, please refrain from using logic or facts, both of those are under strict control, and if used without caution, could cause irreversible damage to opinions.
:D

As for me, I would not mind if they took ten more weeks to get it published. Twenty more weeks for that matter. If I knew they were taking chassis made to the new proposed spec, and having them tested in capable facilities and diagnosed by independent educated parties on weak spots, and how to design and construct one better.
I may be completely wrong, but it seems to me like there is none of this testing going on. It seems to me that they are sitting around a giant wooden table and throwing around numbers like; almost doubling the thickness of the framerails and increasing diameter as well sounds good, so go with it.
It takes time to get the right answers. It just does. But are we getting those answers? If we are, then I am fine with the wait.

Maybe NHRA is awaiting (sitting on a** ) for John Force Racing to present what they have built and tested. Seems people are over concerned about about the way this chassis broke. ( maybe the only one I ever seen break there.) When you have a chute pulling at the rear crossmember and a shredded tire turning 2,000 rpm reaching up and grabbing the wing strut,at the same time, anything is possible. I'd have to say that when a tire is shredding like that, it has to be more violent than a tire shake situation.

Only 8 weeks till the 2008 season starts, if mandatory changes are to be made, these teams need an answer NOW!

How many other chassis have broken this way during 2007 ? 2006?, 2005?, 2004?

See ya'll in Gainesville "wahoo"

Force stated that Eric's chassis had broke last year in a testing pass but he didn't look at or understand were it broke until after Eric's death. So, I would believe that most teams probable took a "No foul No problem" approach.

Just received the 2008 rulebook and it still has the older 10.1E spec.

I don't think changes will be incorporated into the rules until the Gators.

When did HDP buy NHRA? I know they have made a proposal, but the sale has not went thru. Like my granpa used to say, nothings final until the money is in the bank. HDP has not even written the check yet ...

Man, people just can't wait to pile on HDP and blame them for everything. At least let the sale go thru and give them a year or two to implement whatever changes they are going to make before burning them at the stake. Rome was not built in a day folks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back