Mexican Cruise (1 Viewer)

Dang I sure would love to go on a Cruise again someday! I went to the Bahamas back in 1990! But alls you do is Drink and eat, I gained like 10 lbs. in 4 days! YIKES!!!:eek:

Dang I sure would love to go on a Cruise again someday! I went to the Bahamas back in 1990! But alls you do is Drink and eat, I gained like 10 lbs. in 4 days! YIKES!!!:eek:

I go on 3 or 4 cruises a year. Next August is Europe for 14 days!!! I can't wait.

One thing I didn't get a picture of was when we were boarding in Puerto Vallarta I get in the elevator with a young man, 20ish, wearing a Jagermeister Racing Max Naylor shirt. I thought what are the odds of me being a on a cruise ship elevator in Mexico with a guy wearing a Pro Stock shirt?!?! Kid was cool, said he got it at the Winternats.

Ahhhh......
thanx for that trip down memory lane, Chris.
I did that cruise on a Princess boat.

How was the humidity level?
I'll never forget being on the top deck, it was nighttime, we were between Cabo and Mazatlán.....suddenly, it was like we went thru this "wall" of humidity. But it was good humidity in a Mexican-cruise kind of way, you know?

See this look? ---->:cool:
You have the same exact look on the Vallarta zipline!:p

Thanx for sharing, man.

thanks for sharing.
what was your favorite port? how much time at each?
vallarta just this year finally opened it's (2) new docks;
finally able to park (3) ships in marina simultaneously.
was the new 'liverpool' mall open in vallarta? (directly across
highway from marina)
will be there in 3 months, can't wait.

thanks for sharing.
what was your favorite port? how much time at each?
vallarta just this year finally opened it's (2) new docks;
finally able to park (3) ships in marina simultaneously.
was the new 'liverpool' mall open in vallarta? (directly across
highway from marina)
will be there in 3 months, can't wait.

My favorite port was Acapulco, only because we were in port until 1 AM, so we got to go out and hit the clubs and bars on the beach and basically "party like rock stars" and experience night life in port which is very unusual for a cruise. Every other port was the standard 8AM - 4PM or thereabouts. The new docks are open in Vallarta, and in one of my pics you can see us parked next to a Princess boat. Yes, the mall is open, when you leave the dock in Puerto Vallarta the first thing you see is a Wal-Mart and Sam's Club!

Ahhhh......
thanx for that trip down memory lane, Chris.
I did that cruise on a Princess boat.

How was the humidity level?
I'll never forget being on the top deck, it was nighttime, we were between Cabo and Mazatlán.....suddenly, it was like we went thru this "wall" of humidity. But it was good humidity in a Mexican-cruise kind of way, you know?

See this look? ---->:cool:
You have the same exact look on the Vallarta zipline!:p

Thanx for sharing, man.

Never been on a Princess boat. I have been on Norwegian, Holland American, Carnival and Royal Caribbean. I would like to do a Celebrity cruise.

It was dry, as this is their dry season, so the temperature and humidity were always pleasant.

I had that look because that pic was taken on the very first line, and I was still somewhat skeptical about being well over 100 foot above the river below. The zipline was braided steel cable and you are connected to a pulley, and I would get going and that pulley would start screaming!!! Kinda sounded like an alky cars "blower whine". The very last zipline ended right in the bar!!

Nice pics Chris. I'm anxiously awaiting my own cruise in February for Suzi's 40th birthday. She booked us on this cruise about a year ago and we're going on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas. It's the sister ship to Freedom of the Seas which when launched in 2006 was the largest cruise ship ever.
Have you ever been on a cruise that stopped in Barbados or Aruba? Those are my two favorite places I've been to so far. I've yet to do a European or Mediterranean cruise but those are definitely on the list to do someday.

The only bad thing about our upcoming cruise is it means there's no way I can go to Pomona since we leave on that Friday.

We did Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo back in 2003 for Xmas. Nice weather, and we didn't buy any xmas presents that year!!!! We told everyone the year before, if you want to go, here's the date, here's the travel agent, call if you want. Excellent Christmas if you ask me!

The next cruise we want to do is Alaska....have you done that one Chris?

Alan, my wife and I did the Alaskan cruise this past summer. It was the best thing I have ever done in my life! I loved it. Its absolutely breath taking up there. I would move there tomorrow if I didnt hate cold weather so much. I dont think I could do there winters, remember I'm a Texas boy!

I love taking cruises. I have taken Carnival, Royal Carribean, and Holland America ones. RC was my fav, HA my least fav. But I enjoyed them all. I would also recommend the one that leaves Puerto Rico and goes to the US Virgin Islands, Barbados, Antigua, Aruba, and St Lucia. We did that one back in 2004 for our honeymoon and it was wonderful.

As much as I liked the Carribean, I would go to Alaska again if it were my choice. If you do the Alaskan one and your a fisherman, you have to go fishing. If you do, let me know and I will hook you up with the guys I went with, they were awesome and the food was excellent.

PM your email address and I will email you my pics from Alaska.

Alaska is probably the only cruise I will get my wife on. The Mexican cruise got a little rough for her, especially on the way back up to Long Beach. But she wants to see the Alaska cruise for sure.

I'd love to go after some big 'ole barn door halibut up there......:D

Alaska is probably my least favorite cruise. Too chilly to get in the pool/hottub on deck. Too chilly to wear shorts and hang out on deck in general. Glacier Bay is spectacular, but you can keep Ketchikan, Skagway and Juneau as I was not impressed by any of them. Since you are still in America, everything is expensive when you go ashore.

If you do go on an Alaskan cruise, I would recommend booking your excursions yourself via the interwebs rather than through the ship (good idea on any cruise, but especially important in Alaska to save some bucks). I would also recommend that you leave from Seattle and hang out there, and lastly I would recommend you choose an itenerary that includes Victoria, BC rather than Vancouver, BC. Victoria is smaller, cleaner, the people are friendlier and the architecture is spectacular. Lots of good food and drink as well.

EDIT: I also much prefer fishing Mexico to fishing Alaska. You don't really know you have caught anything in Alaska as halibut don't really fight, they are just heavy to reel in, whereas in Mexico when you hook into a yellowfin tuna or marlin you got a fight on your hands. Also, when you are fishing in Alaska the chances are going to be that you are cold and wet, whereas in Mexico, you can just go in some shorts, it's nice and warm with nary a cloud in the sky. In Alaska you are downing coffee and hot cocoa, in Mexico it's mas cerveza par favor.

I would like to go fly fishing for Salmon up a river in Alaska, but you don't really have enough time to do that on a cruise excursion.

Last edited:
We've pondered the Alaskan cruise. The pictures I've seen of Alaskan cruises are spectacular. The only thing that makes us a little hesitant is the fact both Suzi and I love to lounge by the pool outisde and want to be warm while doing so.

Speaking of past cruise experiences, we've sailed Carnival, Norwegian, RC, and the absolute worst experience ever occured on a Costa ship. We had never heard of Costa but the ship was rated 5 stars. Well, the ship was nice but the cruise line caters to Europeans and retirees. I think we were the youngest people on the ship so that's probably why we felt like fish out of water.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back