Memphis marks the spot for Zizzo (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]MEMPHIS, Tenn (October 1, 2009) -- For the Zizzo Racing team, Memphis is as good a place as any other - maybe better. The same is true for T.J. Zizzo, pilot of the PEAK, HERCULINER / O'Reilly Top Fuel Dragster.

The O'Reilly Mid-South Nationals has been a regular stop for the Chicago area native during his drag racing career and it's a place that brings back found memories for Zizzo. "In the late 90's I made my first five second pass in drag racing at Memphis Motorsports Park," Zizzo explained. "Memphis has been a place that we've always done well at and thankfully, I've never seen Elvis at 1,000 feet. We've had good races here in our Alcohol Dragster and our Top Fuel Dragster and we love getting some great BBQ on Beele Street. It's one of those places on the schedule that you mark early."

Darrell Shell didn't mark his calendar as early as Zizzo, but he is counting the minutes before the start of the race. Darrell is the top counterman at the O'Reilly Auto Parts store in Jacksonville, Alabama that will be the honorary crew member for Zizzo Racing at Memphis, complements of PEAK Motor Oil. "We're excited to have Darrell represent his store at this weekends event and he is very excited about the opportunity to be part of the team," states Brian Bohlander, Brand & Motorsports Marketing Manager for PEAK Performance Products.

Qualifying for the 22nd annual O'Reilly Mid-South Nationals begins Friday and continues Saturday (October 2-3) with eliminations on Sunday (October 4). ESPN2 coverage begins Saturday night with the qualifying show (10:30PM EST) with the eliminations show beginning Sunday at 7:00PM EST.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back