Memorable Moment with KB (1 Viewer)

I found it interesting that the fuel continued to flow out the gas line even though the engine wasn’t attached. What causes this to happen?

I found it interesting that the fuel continued to flow out the gas line even though the engine wasn’t attached. What causes this to happen?

I'm pretty certain there's a bypass line in the fuel systems, in which excess fuel is returned to the tank. My guess is the tank must have been under some sort of pressurization from that return process, causing the fuel to spurt from the broken fuel lines for a couple of seconds.

Pretty simple, the chassis had more drag on in (grass/dirt) than the fuel .... the fuel had energy simply from the fact that it was moving so fast with the chassis.

You watch this video along with the one of Connie in Houston and wonder why NHRA/PRO never learned from this to close the open guardrails.

You watch this video along with the one of Connie in Houston and wonder why NHRA/PRO never learned from this to close the open guardrails.

Yep! If they had, Blaine Johnson may still be with us now. 😔

I have seen a lot of crashes over the years. Only once did I see a driver get killed. It was at the old Irwindale Drags. The car was a Vega F/C, injected on alky, called the Killer Whale (cuz it had a "whale motor" 392 Chrysler engine). It was a circuit for injected alky F/C. Don't remember the drivers' name, but he was in his 20's. He hit a pole in the right lane and that was what killed him. Hate seeing any kind of accident. One that really scared me was a kid in a Jr/Dragster at (then) Firebird. Driver nailed the wall in the right lane & the car went up on the guard rail then back down. Driver was OK, and just the wheels of the dragster were bent. I think it scared me cuz it was a kid. Arghhh Looking at the video above, I wonder how bad of a concussion that Kenny had. His speech was a bit slurred & he later said that he "got his bell rung". Yeah.....

I have seen a lot of crashes over the years. Only once did I see a driver get killed. It was at the old Irwindale Drags. The car was a Vega F/C, injected on alky, called the Killer Whale (cuz it had a "whale motor" 392 Chrysler engine). It was a circuit for injected alky F/C. Don't remember the drivers' name, but he was in his 20's. He hit a pole in the right lane and that was what killed him.
Don Dieckman, only 22 years old.

I remember watching that race on live TV when it first happened. Scary stuff but I'm glad the chassis did what it's supposed to do.

Blaine Johnson might still be with us and dominating.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back