Medlen!! (1 Viewer)

If Force entered Pomona a round behind Capps and the following took place...
Whit beats Capps 1st round, Force beats a diving Hight first round followed by a diving Medlen would you really respect the outcome of the race or the championship?
Well, as long as we're travelling down the hypothetical road...

Given the same scenario above, what if Force, Medlen, and Hight were all within reach of the Championship when Whit takes Capps out? (At this point it's conceivable.) Does Team Force race heads-up all the way?

Given the same scenario above, what if Force, Medlen, and Hight were all within reach of the Championship when Whit takes Capps out? (At this point it's conceivable.) Does Team Force race heads-up all the way?

I think so. Its a win-win situation.

I sure was happy to see Medlen beat "the Boss". Restored my faith in drag racing as a real motor SPORT (although I've felt that it's the only legitimate motor SPORT for quite some time). I love the fact that the better car/driver combination on any given day/round can win, with very few "team orders" in the way (unlike other forms of motorsports).

Plus, I like Medlen and I was quite happy that he won again!

I believe that John has said 'We'll look at the champion points after Indy...' and has left it at that...

Unless Whit has a shot at the title, taking Capps out at Pomona with the title at stake would just prove that Whit was correct when he said thet he and Capps were not teammates. That would prove that they are two teams owned by the same person, nothing more. Beating your teammate in the middle of the season is one thing, but slamming the door on their title chances is another.

I know, a round win now is no different than one at Pomona, it's just 20 points, but there are still a lot of points left on the table. At Pomona, there is a finality to each round - the loser has claimed his last point and cannot do anything about it.

In other words, I agree with Naz. If the championship is at stake, team orders are acceptable and expected.

- Larry

I see your point Larry, but what if diving were happening during the season? Would diving be necessary to determine the Championship at the end?

Eight points......Capps was in second by eight points when all was said and done last season. That would have already been covered EASILY this year.

I see your point Larry, but what if diving were happening during the season? Would diving be necessary to determine the Championship at the end?

Eight points......Capps was in second by eight points when all was said and done last season. That would have already been covered EASILY this year.

I have been against diving altogether but these guys have been proving a great point with regards to the championship race. I guess MY answer to the above would be that they were both (Capps and Scelzi) still in the race last season. The difference, in my mind, is if it comes towards the end and one teammate is out of the race then their dive is NOW acceptable.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back