McCullochs 'Northwind' (1 Viewer)

I didn't know McCulloch had a car called the 'Northwind'. Was there any association with the 'Northwind' driven by Jim Bernard that Lee Beard used to tune?

I didn't know McCulloch had a car called the 'Northwind'. Was there any association with the 'Northwind' driven by Jim Bernard that Lee Beard used to tune?

That's what I thought.... my only recollection of Bernard's cars were in the late 70's early 80's though.

My response to the story is it's great to have friends and this is a great way for Ed's friends to show him what he means to them. This is why our sport is the best.

COOL.........can't wait to see pictures...........someday I got to get to the CHRR...................Perry Jr.

Thanks Bobby, some great reads there. Major kudos to Bucky Austin and others, that`s for sure. Seeing that car fully restored is going to make going to the Northwest Nationals even more exciting.

That is awesome news....Ace has always been one of my all-time favs.
I can't wait to see how the car looks...I am going to have to get some pics of it. :cool:

I remember reading about the "Northwind" in Drag Racing magazine way back when. Knew it was Albrich & McCulloch but couldn't remember Krieger til I saw his name. Sure hope they start it up at the CHRR.

Thanks Bobby, some great reads there. Major kudos to Bucky Austin and others, that`s for sure. Seeing that car fully restored is going to make going to the Northwest Nationals even more exciting.
As in Jack Coonrod and Wayne Harry. Jack was a big push behind this deal. Maybe Ace will get out of the car and punch somebody and really make it nostalgic. Getting old is a terrible thing.

As in Jack Coonrod and Wayne Harry. Jack was a big push behind this deal. Maybe Ace will get out of the car and punch somebody and really make it nostalgic. Getting old is a terrible thing.

Not sure what the reference about Ace punching someone is about, but I'm gonna disagree with getting old being terrible. Spoiling grandkids, off to Indy for the 500 and Brickyard with eight other old farts and finishing my street rod - 60 is pretty good! :cool:

Not sure what the reference about Ace punching someone is about, but I'm gonna disagree with getting old being terrible. Spoiling grandkids, off to Indy for the 500 and Brickyard with eight other old farts and finishing my street rod - 60 is pretty good! :cool:
Well you can't be getting too old if you can't remember Ace in his younger days. He was quite the man, both in and out of the car. Spoiling grandkids is great and then you give them back to their parents.

my dad grew up with Eddie and just sent me some pix,

I have pix in Jan 1961 a photo of a 'young' Eddie, working on the "Strip Tease", in HL's garage in Jan. 1961. This is the car that HL Shahan, Bob Brown, Larry Roady, and Ed owned in the early sixties. He had the Blown Cadillac engine in it,....that he "borrowed" from his Dad's lake boat.

Jim there's a famous photo of Ace in a fight with Gordon Mineo from the 70's I think??

The OP's most favorite :p F/C driver put that pic on a shirt with the title "Don't be a victim". This was before Gordon's untimely death.

The look in Ace's eyes in that pic scares me:cool: .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back