Mcclenathan shines to no. 4 in seattle qualifying (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]KENT, Wash. (July 18, 2009) - Cory McClenathan and the FRAM Tough Guard Top Fuel team came out of the box on a charge during qualifying for the NHRA Northwest Nationals at Pacific Raceways, grabbing a solid fourth place with a 3.915-second lap at 297.16 mph in the second session.

Like it was on a string, "Cory Mac" drove the FRAM Top Fuel car to four straight and consistent passes, beginning with a 4.018/289.57 (No. 3), his quick 3.915/297.16, which was followed by a 3.983/293.47 and a 4.002/294.11. Once he earned the No. 4 spot in the second round, it never left his grasp.

"Four runs down the track; that's what it takes to win drag races, and that's what these FRAM Tough Guard guys are doing, weekend in and weekend out," said McClenathan, who still cannot forget his miscue at the 'staggered' starting lights last Sunday in Denver. "Last weekend I learned that there's more than a dance step called the 'two-step,' there's also a way to two-step a race car. It took me 19 years to figure that one out.

"The FRAM Tough Guard guys are good. They're very patient as we all try to get on the same page. I think (crew chiefs) Todd (Okuhara) and Phil (Shuler) and the FRAM Tough Guard guys have done a great job. I look forward to tomorrow. We have a good race car."

McClenathan faces Troy Buff in the first round of Sunday's Top Fuel eliminations.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back