Mcbride to ride for karl klement and rush racing (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Angie McBride hopes that an upcoming one race deal turns into something more for 2010, namely a full-time ride.

The Pro Stock Motorcycle rider, and fiancée of former world champion Matt Smith, will ride Karl Klement’s Buell at the NHRA O’Reilly Fallnationals in Ennis, Texas. “I’m excited because this may be a stepping stone to the future,” said McBride. “Hopefully it is.” The bike will be powered by an engine built by Smith and mounted in the bike formerly ridden by high-profile female riders Peggy Llewellyn and Angelle Sampey. McBride isn't intimidated by the list of riders who preceded her. Instead, she’s approaching the opportunity with a focused attitude. “It’s going to be a challenge but I am going to go to the track and ride Karl's bike. If I keep that focus, I think we will do well. You have to keep focused on the job at hand. It’s about getting the bike down the track. “Thank you Karl and Kim Klement and Rush Racing for providing this opportunity.”

Klement is just testing out the waters with a team he only parked because of the complex world economic market. A light at the end of the tunnel provides encouragement for the team owner. “I had just parked the bike long enough to take care of some of my businesses,” Klement said. “For RUSH Racing and Doc’s Harley-Davidson, we’re really excited about getting out there again.” Klement said at the time he’s undecided about 2010 due to personal business demands. He did add that he’s provided certain teams with his engines in order to keep a gauge of how competitive his team is while on the sidelines. He declined to name the teams. “By the end of the year and January, I’ll know where I am at,” Klement added. Klement is excited about the potential McBride brings to the team. “All she needs is a little opportunity and seat time,” Klement said. “She can win. She is very capable of being a winner.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back