MAVTV - Outlaw Nitro Funny Cars (1 Viewer)

Tom Slick

Nitro Member
Are any of you guys watching the MAVTV - Outlaw Nitro Funny Cars? Pretty good show.

The NHRA can take some ideas from this program and Les Mayhew's Nitro America videos for camera angles, onboard camera positions and editing.

Are any of you guys watching the MAVTV - Outlaw Nitro Funny Cars? Pretty good show.

The NHRA can take some ideas from this program and Les Mayhew's Nitro America videos for camera angles, onboard camera positions and editing.
Les works for NHRA.

Les works for NHRA.

Yes he does. I don't know however in what capacity? I really like his work on his Nitro America videos, as the camera angles and editing seem to really bring the speed and excitement of drag racing right into the living room.

I like the show. I wish we had more cars with names instead of sponsors. I get it but they could find a spot on the cars I believe. I've often wondered why guys like Jeff Deihl have never had a surfer on the car in the style of Jungle Jim. Seems like you could sell more tshirts and merch. Would at least help pay the fuel bill and maybe put your popularity on another level which couldn't hurt when meeting a company for funding.

The team that produce the the Outlaw FC show are a super talented bunch. They 'get' drag racing and have been around the sport for some time.
Walking the pits at one of their events is an experience. The fuel pump/mag size was bumped up a couple seasons ago I believe, to give the fans/tv the flames you'd expect from a nitro car. I'm not sure how the setup compares to, say John Lawson's deal, but 5.40-5.70s tend to be the spread.

They do have some crazy combos. I know the Nitro Express '57 Chevy used to have 413ci with a 6-71 Littlefield blower and 34gpm pump. He was running 5.3x's with that combo at the time, which was sometime last year. A guy that runs at their events posts over at Yellowbullet. He has a pretty dang nice Torino GT with a blower sticking out of the hood but I'm not sure if he's actually burning nitro.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back