Matt Smith and Angie McBride Discuss Controversy (1 Viewer)

Am I the only one wondering why they never showed the replay of the Hines / Brown race 2nd round?

no, i was wondering that as well.
i'd like to physically see what they were explaining about rollout
and lifting out of the beams

Billy, to a point, I agree with you...However, when someone comes up here, who claims to know specifically what happened (and I DO believe that she does...) and attacks us by saying "Just to let you all know there is so much more to the story than any of you will ever know...So you all can keep running your mouth" then I feel that SHE opened the door here, and SHE needs to set-it straight...If the fire in the kitchen was too hot for her, then she never should have opened HER mouth...
I don't see Amanda attacking anyone, Jay. She obviously sees the speculation being said here as 'running of the mouth'..and that's what it is isn't it? Nobody knows squat..but some feel they need to spout off about it.

If Matt wants to come here and set the record straight..that's cool..if not..I'm good as well.

Oh by the way. Congrats Matt...

Just to let you all know there is so much more to the story than any of you will ever know. Chris was never told he couldn't touch his bike. He is in charge of everything on his bike except the tune-up and that's it. Angie had no intentions what-so-ever of riding that bike. Hell, we were shopping at the Oakley trailer when we got the call that said NHRA told us we had to put someone on the bike. We wanted it parked and NHRA would not let that happen. So you all can keep running your mouth, but no one has any idea of how things really went down.

Thanks Amanda !!!!! I have known angie for awhile like matt thru prostar both are stand up racers .And Chris should have NEVER got into it with matt before a run even if MAtt say hey whats up ??? Answer should have been We will talk after your run or he should have went to rickie .O well the haters can read about THE CHAMP untill the season start !!! Congrats TEAM TORCO !!!!!!!!

I don't see Amanda attacking anyone, Jay. She obviously sees the speculation being said here as 'running of the mouth'..and that's what it is isn't it? Nobody knows squat..but some feel they need to spout off about it.

If Matt wants to come here and set the record straight..that's cool..if not..I'm good as well.

Oh by the way. Congrats Matt...

It was more the way she said it...It would have been much more professional, as a represenative of her brother if it would have presented herself with some class...For example, "I see a lot of speculation going on here, and although I can't be too specific, it just didn't work out for them as teammates, but they respect each other, and my brother hopes that Chris gets a good ride for next year and beyond."

Now, wouldn't that have been a lot better..? Instead, she said we were "running our mouth." That is a pretty condescending, instigative statement. If she wants to talk trash to someone, then it should be expected to come right back at her.

Now, that being said, I didn't comment on this either way because I know nothing about what happened. I just feel strongly about "people in the know" coming up here and acting so arrogant about it..If you have something to say, then say it...But there is no need to belittle people on here by using despariging remarks towards them...thats all...

Its the internet man and you cant see feeling behind typing .Ease up on her she is just trying to set the story a little straighter for the haters

Its the internet man and you cant see feeling behind typing .Ease up on her she is just trying to set the story a little straighter for the haters

Eric, I agree with you...like I said in my earlier post, she should just set it straight...Its hard to tell someone that their opinion is wrong without offering yours in contrast...

Now, if she can't comment on it for political reasons, then I get it...But if that is the case, then she shouldn't have willingly jumped in and told others on here that they were "running their mouth."

Angie had no intentions what-so-ever of riding that bike.

Is that why she left her "leathers" in the trailer on the EAST COAST and just happened to be in Pomona ??

when we got the call that said NHRA told us we had to put someone on the bike. We wanted it parked and NHRA would not let that happen.

This sounds like so much BULL......I've never heard of NHRA MANDATING the vehicle HAS to run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I better call my ride .I think someone might be trying to sneak on the bike .WE have 2 other riders leathers in the trailer RUUUT ROOOOO . Whats going on .ALo tof people try to make it some conspiracy theory that angie was trying to pull BULLCRAP !! Angie was not trying to take Rivas's seat .But with everything that has been going on the waters were rough and known to many .She was waiting by and who wouldnt .I was suprised Chris showed up to vegas even . Angie did what any rider would do she said YES when asked to ride the bike .

So then if we are all wrong, then why don't you step up to the plate and tell us? We are running our mouths based on information that is obtained by the people here...If we are wrong, then step-up and tell us the truth...The floor is yours, Amanda....

JAy im sure there will be a press release after they are done sippin the brew at Evans crib and celebrating their CHAMPIONSHIP . Im sure there are alot of politics with what has happened and there are certing that will more than likely have to be addressed before to much else is said

Thanks Amanda !!!!! I have known angie for awhile like matt thru prostar both are stand up racers .And Chris should have NEVER got into it with matt before a run even if MAtt say hey whats up ??? Answer should have been We will talk after your run or he should have went to rickie .O well the haters can read about THE CHAMP untill the season start !!! Congrats TEAM TORCO !!!!!!!!
....and just maybe, Rickie's daughter should have left it between the two riders instead of running to daddy to tattle on Chris.

She in aN EMPLOYEE and went to the boss !!!!
And she comes here berating people for "running our mouth". Employee or not, it should have been up to Matt to bring this to Rickie's attention.

Matt won the championship, and I think he earned it in every way. I have no problem with Angie doing what she did.

I do have a problem with how the Smith's found a way to replace a team rider during an event. I also have a problem with a claim that the NHRA made a team replace a driver (rider) instead of withdrawing an entry at an event before qualifying was completed. I could be wrong, but, even in the policies and procedures book, if a qualified racer is unable (unqualified by the team owner) to race (fired) before qualifying is finalized, the racer (team) would be allowed to withdraw from the event. If this had happened during or after the final qualifying round, I could see some confusion or discrepancy regarding past procedures, but that isn't what happened.

Yea then you would be here talking about how they fired rivas to give matt a single run in elims .I think Amanda did what any body on the race team would have down .ANd damn sure did what my sister had done if I had given someone the chance of a lifetime to ride one of the badest bikes on the planet and was done this way .

I doubt Angie had anything to do with what transpired other than made sure she was in position to take advantage of any chance to ride.

I am also sure the NHRA cannot mandate any team in any class to make a pass if they don't want to. Sponsor or team owner, yes, but not the NHRA.

Danny

NHRA didn't tell them that they HAD to race the bike. What the ruling was, being the bike was already qualified, if they pulled it out, someone would get a bye run, that the number 17th qualifier would not be moved up.

It's an old rule from back in the day when Paul Smith would come in and make 1 shot and get in the middle of the field. Then when a big name racer failed to make the show and ended up 17th, they would pay Smith a large sum of money to withdraw his entry. There were others that did it, but Paul Smith was always able to get his car in. Trust me, it happened often, and it was getting out of hand.

Just to let you all know there is so much more to the story than any of you will ever know. Chris was never told he couldn't touch his bike. He is in charge of everything on his bike except the tune-up and that's it. Angie had no intentions what-so-ever of riding that bike. Hell, we were shopping at the Oakley trailer when we got the call that said NHRA told us we had to put someone on the bike. We wanted it parked and NHRA would not let that happen. So you all can keep running your mouth, but no one has any idea of how things really went down.

You go girl. Lot of that stuff on this site.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back