Matt Smith and Angie McBride Discuss Controversy (2 Viewers)

woody

Nitro Member
With one qualifying session remaining, Chris Rivas was released from Matt Smith's Pro Stock Motorcycle team and replaced by Angie McBride. Amidst much speculation, McBride made the best of her opportunity and made the field for the Auto Club of Southern California NHRA Finals.

1320 TV has an exclusive video interview with Smith and McBride. Click here to check it out: 1320 TV

After seeing that and the interview article over at CompPlus there's no doubt in my mind that team orders played a big part in this fiasco.

Was Angie at the right place at the right time or what? Regardless she just happened to be at the Finals, took skills to qualify in one shot in someone's bike.

Was Angie at the right place at the right time or what? Regardless she just happened to be at the Finals, took skills to qualify in one shot in someone's bike.

yeah, just conveniently leaves her leathers in the trailer (don't forget she's from N. Carolina) and Matt told Chris not to show up to Las Vegas and wanted Angie to ride it there but Torco didn't want her to. She was only in the right place at the right time because it was all planned ahead of time.

Im sure angie knew somethign was going to go down .I would be on stand by also if i was in the same boat ! I dont think angie did it on purpose or any of this was on purpose .But Rivas shouldnt have been talking smack to matt bottom line . Dont accuse your team mate of tampering with your bike and not expect to be thown out on your ass

Dont accuse your team mate of tampering with your bike and not expect to be thown out on your ass
Can you blame him? The bike just mysteriously leaves the line 400 rpm higher and nobody can tell him why, then they tell him not to to work on the bike and they tear the tranny all apart, and then when he goes to do the burnout the bike won't shift into gear! And then to top it off Rickie screams at him for not checking the bike when he previously told him not to touch it! Wouldn't you think somebody had the fix in for you?

There is a time and place for that talk and it damn sure isnt in the lanes when a rider is about to make a pass . If someone tried to start crap with my rider in the lanes there would be a fight after that round for sure .

There is a time and place for that talk and it damn sure isnt in the lanes when a rider is about to make a pass . If someone tried to start crap with my rider in the lanes there would be a fight after that round for sure .

For some reason people here do not understand this.

It's really simple........not only can you screw up a run........you CAN get someone killed.

I'd have canned his azz too..

REX

For some reason people here do not understand this.

It's really simple........not only can you screw up a run........you CAN get someone killed.

I'd have canned his azz too..

REX

Thank You .Finally someone see's the light . I would have thrown a fit and been fighting mad if those issues happend to us .BUT I damn sure wouldnt have aproached matt before a run or while he was still going rounds unless I wanted to mix up the focus

Thank You .Finally someone see's the light . I would have thrown a fit and been fighting mad if those issues happend to us .BUT I damn sure wouldnt have aproached matt before a run or while he was still going rounds unless I wanted to mix up the focus

I've raced. 4 and 2 wheels.

Unless you can relate to someone sitting on or in,

it seems like it just does not compute.

REX

I just build/tune now and everyone knows stay away from me while we are racing .And for someone to come on our trailer and try to disrupt the focus and put my rider at risk ITS FIST CITY IN THE PITS .

Sooner or later the real deal will get out and show the countdown for what it is worth .A bunch of diving cheating bullcrap

Here's what i saw/heard in person....

The week before the IHRA Finials at Rockingham Matt had the bikes testing at Rockingham Dragway.... Angie was on the blue bike....

The weekend of the IHRA Finials ..Angie made some passes on the blue bike....like all the other fan around we watched them in the pits to check out the bikes.... a couple comments i heard .. seemed to sound like they were concerned if Rivas would show up the last two races... nothing heard about firing him.... not while i was hanging out at the pits like everyone else....

So being courious... i asked Angie if she had a new ride?.... Her exact comment to me was.. no...but hoping it could lead to a ride next year...08... i asked about the last two races... and she said she wasn't sure .. what was exactly going on....

Billy

Just to let you all know there is so much more to the story than any of you will ever know. Chris was never told he couldn't touch his bike. He is in charge of everything on his bike except the tune-up and that's it. Angie had no intentions what-so-ever of riding that bike. Hell, we were shopping at the Oakley trailer when we got the call that said NHRA told us we had to put someone on the bike. We wanted it parked and NHRA would not let that happen. So you all can keep running your mouth, but no one has any idea of how things really went down.

Just to let you all know there is so much more to the story than any of you will ever know. Chris was never told he couldn't touch his bike. He is in charge of everything on his bike except the tune-up and that's it. Angie had no intentions what-so-ever of riding that bike. Hell, we were shopping at the Oakley trailer when we got the call that said NHRA told us we had to put someone on the bike. We wanted it parked and NHRA would not let that happen. So you all can keep running your mouth, but no one has any idea of how things really went down.

So then if we are all wrong, then why don't you step up to the plate and tell us? We are running our mouths based on information that is obtained by the people here...If we are wrong, then step-up and tell us the truth...The floor is yours, Amanda....

Last edited:
My post was nothing more than what i saw and over heard..

but i feel.. it realy is none of our busines.. only Smith and Rivas have to answer to anyone.. and thats the sponsors....

unless we step up and pay the bills on the teams... then we are owed an answer...

other wise it just falls in to entertainment reading.... and the normal ever changing lineups on the drag teams....

Billy

My post was nothing more than what i saw and over heard..

but i feel.. it realy is none of our busines.. only Smith and Rivas have to answer to anyone.. and thats the sponsors....

unless we step up and pay the bills on the teams... then we are owed an answer...

other wise it just falls in to entertainment reading.... and the normal ever changing lineups on the drag teams....

Billy

Billy, to a point, I agree with you...However, when someone comes up here, who claims to know specifically what happened (and I DO believe that she does...) and attacks us by saying "Just to let you all know there is so much more to the story than any of you will ever know...So you all can keep running your mouth" then I feel that SHE opened the door here, and SHE needs to set-it straight...If the fire in the kitchen was too hot for her, then she never should have opened HER mouth...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back